iTranslator!

FredericM

Feb 14, 2008
Hay guys,

I recently finished my new web-app: iTranslator!
It translates into 5 different langauges and has been made exclusively for the iPhone. Wi-Fi connection is recommended (but it also works with GPRS off course).

You can find our app HERE or go to www.cashpunt.be (we may register a better domain name in the future).
In any case: have fun and keep us posted with remarks and critics!

Hint1: you can simply tap the Flags to select a langauge
Hint 2: if you select 2 times the same langauge, you can use this app *** a symonym dictionary

Frederic

Oct 4, 2007
San Francisco
I tried out the Spanish translator to see if it would have the correct translations and it did translate well, it even knew the bad words. It did take me a moment to figure out if spanish was even on there. (the last flag is Spanish)

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Looks nice but with the iPhone's lack of copy-and-paste it might be better to also have the option to translate a Web page via entering a URL.

--
Mike

FredericM

Feb 14, 2008
We'll change the last flag in a few moments in a Spanish one!;-)
Tinman: that might be one of the features of the next version!

chrismmm

Silver
Dec 27, 2007
Gwinnett, Georgia
just loaded it up and will check it out immediately. when saving as a bookmark it auto-loads web translat...would be cool to have it auto prompt iTranslate...
thx and looks like

x666x

Bronze
Jan 24, 2008
Are there any pulldown menus for common phrases like "Can you point me to the restroom please?" and stuff like that?

These are life savers when abroad, lol.

Additionally, using said pulldown menu would also give the person you're talking to options to respond, like buttons for "Straight Ahead" "To your Right" "To your Left" "Around teh Corner" etc.

FredericM

Feb 14, 2008
x666x, I'm sorry but that would take to long and we like to keep it as simple as possible!

*edit: Spanish Flag uploaded!*
Frederic

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
Hay guys,

I recently finished my new web-app: iTranslator!
It translates into 5 different langauges and has been made exclusively for the iPhone. Wi-Fi connection is recommended (but it also works with GPRS off course).

You can find our app HERE or go to www.cashpunt.be (we may register a better domain name in the future).
In any case: have fun and keep us posted with remarks and critics!

Hint1: you can simply tap the Flags to select a langauge
Hint 2: if you select 2 times the same langauge, you can use this app *** a symonym dictionary

Frederic
This is a great tool. The only thing I have against it is that it is web based. I currently use the native app for english to french translation. It works great and the best part is that is does NOT require me to have internet access. Any way you could make it a native app?

FredericM

Feb 14, 2008
This is a great tool. The only thing I have against it is that it is web based. I currently use the native app for english to french translation. It works great and the best part is that is does NOT require me to have internet access. Any way you could make it a native app?
Nop, and if so you'd still need Wi-Fi to connect to the database.
Frederic