its all double dutch to me

tracy1966

Jul 15, 2011
hi guys, im a 45 yr old nanna, who has had her first ipod, and doesn't know what the hell to do with it,:confused: ive managed to add songs on it, but by mistake, ive put my ebook in with the songs, and so cant transfer it into my book app, please advise. :)
also how do you connect it to the internet, :confused:i have what they call a wi fi broadband (like i said its all new to me),:confused: and its asking for a password or pass code from my broadband, again please advise on how to put the internet on my ipod touch?:)
thank you in advance, any and i mean any help would be appreciated(y)

cheers tracy1966

PinkBanana

Zealot
Gold
Feb 16, 2010
Burnley, UK
Hey tracy. Firstly, connect your ipod to the computer, then in iTunes when your ipod shows up in the side bar click on the arrow tab, it will show your music, videos etc. Then click on your music tab and locate your book. you should be able press ctrl and click on your keyboard. It will highlight the book in blue, then you should just be able to drag it into your books.

As for your internet, use the same password you use to connect to your pc/mac's internet. It should be the same as the one your provider gave you when you got your router. Just go in to settings on your ipod and where it says wifi click on that and it will provide a list of available wifi networks, select yours and put in your password (make sure you type it exactly how its seen ie G123FEEG) and click join at the botton of your keypad. You should now be able to get online using your ipod touch.

tracy1966

Jul 15, 2011
hi pinkbanana, thank you for the feedback, i am now successfuly on the internet, but the ctrl and click buttons, im going to sound really dumb now, whats the click button?

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
hi pinkbanana, thank you for the feedback, i am now successfuly on the internet, but the ctrl and click buttons, im going to sound really dumb now, whats the click button?
The click is the click of a mouse, not a button on the keyboard. Its just a method to select, drag and move files...

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
hey there nana I am your age LOL no nana so
Now Apple will give you one on one help just sign up at one of the stores. They walk you through everything and answer all questions. They offer classes as well. You'd be surprised most people taking those classes are even older then us. Also play around with it! Best way to figure it out !