Its amazing that so many people don't know about updates

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
Strange how I ask everyone I see with an iPhone if they updated it and they respond with how... Some are still using the original otb software..

kimo

Bronze
Aug 7, 2007
Had one in the office two weeks ago did not know about 1.1.3 so I just put him on the path to the upgrade.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I've talked to a lot of other iPhone owners that have no idea about the updates. They see my modded iPhone and start asking questions, then I find out they're still on the original firmware. I always point them in the upgrading direction of course.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
The girl that works at my kids orthodontist office always has hers sitting on her desk. I asked her what she thought about the new upgrade and she said "huh?". She didn't even have the iTunes store upgrade. She has not done a thing since she bought it in July. I showed her my jb phone. She was amazed that my icons were different and the background wasn't black and I had games. She wanted to know how I did it and I told her to come to this sight to learn how to do stuff. Everything I have done I learned here!:laugh2:

singlefilerock

Bronze
Dec 27, 2007
reminds me of my friend
newbies =]

ha, but what do you expect?

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
thats funny because I get the same thing all the time. Pple r like ' you did what to make it do that?' they look at me like if I can do that can I hack into CIA or something. LOL I'm like its actually really easy. I'm from Arkansas tho so what can you expect.

singlefilerock

Bronze
Dec 27, 2007
thats funny because I get the same thing all the time. Pple r like ' you did what to make it do that?' they look at me like if I can do that can I hack into CIA or something. LOL I'm like its actually really easy. I'm from Arkansas tho so what can you expect.
another friend of mine..
he got an iPhone and i met up with him and he was like ha look mann
i whip out mine and hes like WOAHH! SHOW ME HOW TO DO THIS..
so i tried to over the internet..
people are so computer illiterate these days..its really saddening.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
It's funny because my friend across the street who has seen what I've done with my iPhone also thinks like I can hack into banks, or people's computer because of it. :p

singlefilerock

Bronze
Dec 27, 2007
It's funny because my friend across the street who has seen what I've done with my iPhone also thinks like I can hack into banks, or people's computer because of it. :p
i know!
people are just so... uneducated nowadays

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
And I can't even do some of the things you geniuses on here can do!:)

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
its funny, i only know of three jailbroken phones personally and i did the break on all of them. mine included. so outside of those two friends you guys r the only pple i can talk to about it. lol

singlefilerock

Bronze
Dec 27, 2007
its funny, i only know of three jailbroken phones personally and i did the break on all of them. mine included. so outside of those two friends you guys r the only pple i can talk to about it. lol
well i had to jailbreak my friend's too..
and i really cant talk to him about it because he gets confused... and just doesn't get anything i say.
its pretty annoying..
so thats why im here!

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
i always find it funny that i ask people who you like 1.1.3 and they are always like hu?
whats that? i tell them that it is an update and they replay, "there are updates? i thought that it was just an ipod that is a phone, i was not sure there was updates...."

i find it weird that this happens...i haven't found a person that knows anything about the phone other then how to use it...

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
yes that is true... i don't think that they are fools, i just think that im more into it then they are.. and we both [ the people that i meet with iPhones that don't know anything about them] know that im more into it then they are... and they like learning about it and i like telling them about it.. and i ALWAYS mention EIC ....

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
has the 10 character minimum been removed?

I've seen people write now "fools" and "beef" in single posts, with nothing else.

how?

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
I just remember I used to have a treo LOL was there updates for that phone if so I was unaware. Man I'm stupid

Staszek

Bronze
Sep 24, 2007
I can see how some people out of the box wouldn't know about updates since most regular cell phones don't have them. But if they ever owned an ipod I would assume the would know something about them.

Secondly these people never sync their phones or add new songs? I mean it tells you there is an update when you sync the thing, thats what I don't understand.

Although some people never update anything. I was at a friends apartment in the city and she was playing music on iTunes, I looked at the screen and was like wow how old is that version, she was running version 4.something, I couldnt believe it. And she has a nano that she connects sometimes, she said she turned all the updates off when she first downloaded iTunes.