It's here!

imamac

Bronze
Mar 23, 2010
Finally! I feel like I've been waiting a month! :)

I heard the delivery man pull up and out the door I went, bare feet and all.
He asked me what was in these boxes because he has "a million of them" to deliver today. I told him it was the iPad and he wasn't as nearly as excited as I hoped he would be.

Mine is hooked up and syncing right now. Should be an hour or so.

Oh, and the 64GB iPad shows as really having only 59.17GB of free space left brand new.

JimRafferty

Apr 21, 2010
Congrats on getting yours in today! And the reason for having less free space available is likely due to the space that the operating system uses - just like on your computer :)

Let us know how it goes when it all gets synced up!

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
COngrats! I think you are about the first person on EIC to get the iPad 3G delivered so far.

JusSumguy

Bronze
Apr 6, 2010
I heard the delivery man pull up and out the door I went, bare feet and all.
He asked me what was in these boxes because he has "a million of them" to deliver today. wasn't as nearly as excited as I hoped he would be.
BwaaaHaHaaaaaaaa... Now that's funny.

-

Fineas

Bronze
Jul 13, 2008
COngrats! I think you are about the first person on EIC to get the iPad 3G delivered so far.
I got mine just before 10 am. It was delivered to my office. Fed ex guy had 2 of them. 1 for me and the other for a coworker. I went to his office after lunch to share my excitement. His box is still sitting on his chair unopened. Poor guy is not working today. Hope it's still there on Monday.

imamac

Bronze
Mar 23, 2010
I got mine just before 10 am. It was delivered to my office. Fed ex guy had 2 of them. 1 for me and the other for a coworker. I went to his office after lunch to share my excitement. His box is still sitting on his chair unopened. Poor guy is not working today. Hope it's still there on Monday.
Poor guy is right. Is he out sick? I'd wait till everyone was gone and go in to the office to get it. It would've been fun to have someone to enjoy it with!

imamac

Bronze
Mar 23, 2010
Not yet. I haven't tapped into the 3G yet but will update as soon as I give it a shot.

Mickeylittle

Zealot
Gold
Jan 16, 2009
Mississippi
I got mine and just finished syncing all my stuff on it. Took less than an hour but I have 38GB free. I haven't tried 3G and won't till I need it but I did a few wifi speed tests with the wifi model and the 3G model and the 3G model is faster so maybe the strip or whatever helps. Uploads were consistent on both at 419-421 but download speeds were 5000-5100 on wifi model and 5900-6100 on the 3G model. Will I be able to tell a difference, probably not. Will I tell the wife, absolutely not!

Kathie63

Bronze
Mar 15, 2009
Wisconsin
Mine got here at 2:30 this afternoon, was just ready to sit down and pee when the door buzzer went off, I had to get up quick (did not pee) and it was UPS with my case, so I proceeded to sit again and the buzzer went off and it was fed Ex! Then I had to head out the door the chiropractor because I through my back out this morning. did get to sync before going to the chiro though. Whew what a day. LOVE MY IPAD!

hitrho5

Bronze
Jun 26, 2008
Florida
No one was home when the FedEx guy came, so mines at a FedEx storage facility 15 mins away. I'm either gonna sign the door tag and wait until Monday or pick it up tomorrow if I have time.

imamac

Bronze
Mar 23, 2010
Mine got here at 2:30 this afternoon, was just ready to sit down and pee when the door buzzer went off, I had to get up quick (did not pee) and it was UPS with my case, so I proceeded to sit again and the buzzer went off and it was fed Ex! Then I had to head out the door the chiropractor because I through my back out this morning. did get to sync before going to the chiro though. Whew what a day. LOVE MY IPAD!
Well? Did you finally pee? You can't just start a story like that and leave us in suspense! ;)

Kathie63

Bronze
Mar 15, 2009
Wisconsin
Yes I finally did before going to the chiro. LOL! But not until after I opened the iPad, put in the case and synced it!