It's official

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
My younger brother works at walmart and he said they got the iPhones in stock (8 & 16gig) and will be available this Monday. I think the price is just a few dollars cheaper than the actual AT&T stores.

Picazzo

Zealot
Gold
Jan 21, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
My you get brother works at walmart and he said they got the iPhones in stock (8 & 16gig) and will be available this Monday. I think the price is just a few dollars cheaper than the actual AT&T stores.
That's cool! - now we really need that unlock thing...;)

impaler

Silver
Apr 28, 2007
All the feeds and blogs out there are saying Sunday Dec 28, not Monday. It will be $2 cheaper ($197 and $297).

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
will these be sold with the stipulation of a contract as well?

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
yah thats what i was thinking as well. too bad they aren't, i would buy up a couple and unlock those things. they will probably come with 2.2 firmware though too so we can't unlock them. oh well

Tug

Silver
Aug 4, 2008
With Walmart's extremely liberal return policy I would imagine Apple tech's will have an abundance of new iPhone's to fix.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
With Walmart's extremely liberal return policy I would imagine Apple tech's will have an abundance of new iPhone's to fix.
:laugh2:That's a real good point. Never thought of that. Maybe that is why Apple let WallyWorld sell the phone, so they will have plenty of refurbs.:p

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
This strategy will help sell more iPhones but will make Apple care less about future update like mms or copy and paste. I believe Apples slogan should be, "quantity not quality".

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
I don't remember who I told that the iPhone 3G at Walmart can not be much cheaper than in AT&T and Apple before because the iPhone 3G is locked with a contract. But he kept saying that Walmart always sells stuff much cheaper than other stores, I guess I was right? $2 doesn't make much of a difference lmao.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
I don't remember who I told that the iPhone 3G at Walmart can not be much cheaper than in AT&T and Apple before because the iPhone 3G is locked with a contract. But he kept saying that Walmart always sells stuff much cheaper than other stores, I guess I was right? $2 doesn't make much of a difference lmao.
I wouldn't be surprised if Wal-Mart doesn't have to reimburse Apple the $2 on each phone sold. Their little way of subsidizing the phone.

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
Well at least Wal Mart won't have to force Apple to move their manufacturing to China just to be cheap enough to sell to Wal Mart. Apple is already there...Mark

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Well at least Wal Mart won't have to force Apple to move their manufacturing to China just to be cheap enough to sell to Wal Mart. Apple is already there...Mark
As is most everything we buy in this country.

Tug

Silver
Aug 4, 2008
This strategy will help sell more iPhones but will make Apple care less about future update like mms or copy and paste. I believe Apples slogan should be, "quantity not quality".
If companies like Black Berry, LG and Motorola would step up to the plate and provide a cell phone that actually can compete with the iPhone Jobs would have no choice but to give release software that provides mms and copy & paste.

Walmart buys these phones at a certain price and while their going to sell them for $2.00 less I'm sure they plan on selling so many of them they'll get that $2.00 back and then some.

IMO China needs us more than we need them. China's taking a hit because our economy is doing so poorly.

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Surprisingly enough, most of the stuff I found in Manhattan were Made in China. Even some converse shoes were Made in China even though they were over $130.

Wow man, China owns. Japan's businesss economy and inventions' ratings decreased 8% since 2005 and is still decreasing. China is pwning every little country nowadays lol.

But of course, Chinese products are only good to have fun with for a couple of weeks or maybe a month, then they usually break down on their own.

Tug

Silver
Aug 4, 2008
That's just plain delusional.....:rolleyes:
Please... without the American's spending their money on the products made in China the Chinese economy will sink faster than the Titanic which I might add it's currently doing.

The American consumer is one lean mean spending machine and when we stop spending money country's like China and Japan feel the effects. Why do you think Toyota has just reported their first loss in the companies history? It's not because Raheem in Iraq decided to hold off another year before he buys a truck.