It's on its way.... yeah baby!

Tug

Silver
Aug 4, 2008
My black 16 GB iPhone 3GS left SHENZHEN CN on June 24, will arrive via Fed Ex on June 29. This isn't really that spectacular but once I post what I had to go through and why I upgraded many will be mildly surprised. I don't want to say anything just yet, don't want to jinx myself.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Nice!
You'll love it. I'm so glad I upgraded, it's well worth the money.

coop1701

Zealot
Silver
Jun 30, 2007
My black 16 GB iPhone 3GS left SHENZHEN CN on June 24, will arrive via Fed Ex on June 29. This isn't really that spectacular but once I post what I had to go through and why I upgraded many will be mildly surprised. I don't want to say anything just yet, don't want to jinx myself.

I wish mine was on the way... It has been "in progress" since Monday. I debated on whether to get one. But finally broke down and ordered it at my local store when I started reading everyone's reviews on here.

coop1701

Zealot
Silver
Jun 30, 2007
Ohhh... Forgot to say Congrats Get Zwole. Enjoy!

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I know the day I received my new iPhone 3GS (last Friday) was the happiest day of my life.

Tug

Silver
Aug 4, 2008
I just received my new phone and was wondering if I could upgrade from a 16GB to a 32GB?

coop1701

Zealot
Silver
Jun 30, 2007
I just received my new phone and was wondering if I could upgrade from a 16GB to a 32GB?
I heard you can... There was a thing on the AT&T forum about that, and one on here. I do believe AT&T will charge you a re-stocking fee.

On a Happy note... My 3GS just arrived at my local AT&T store. Going to pick it up over lunch. ;)

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Hehe... that was quick! Hope you're enjoying your new tool/toy. :laugh2:

iphonebob

Jul 8, 2007
Congrats ! You'll enjoy the phone :cool:

Why didn't you just order the 32G unit ?

Change your mind ?

Tug

Silver
Aug 4, 2008
Congrats ! You'll enjoy the phone :cool:

Why didn't you just order the 32G unit ?

Change your mind ?
I originally purchased my new iPhone 3G last August and have been through 6 (yes 6) iPhone's since. I've had every known issue with these phones you can imagine, it got to the point that Apple sent me to 2 new phones and the speaker phone didn't work on either one of them.

This last phone they sent me had sound issues as well so when I called TS and explained why it's important for me to hear the individual on the other end the Apple Service Rep said because I've been through so many phones rather than send me out another iPhone 3G that they'd be willing to upgrade me to a new 16GB iPhone 3GS which is what they did.

Because of Apples excellent customer service all this was done without having to extend my contract or pay the $199.00 upgrade fee.

Phantom, not bad for someone who doesn't know whether the phones turned on or not when using it wouldn't you say? :D

iphonebob

Jul 8, 2007
TUG

The story explains a lot. Sorry to hear that you have gone through so many phones to get a usable unit.

Cudo's to Apple (and you) for sticking with the process. My motto always was

" It's not the mistake you make, it's the recovery at the end" :cool:

Apple at least is honoring a "above and beyond" stance to your individual problems

I've now been through (3) versions of the iPhone (1G, 3G & 3Gs). I also have 3 iPhones in the family out of 5 phones used. Been through a couple of replacements due to battery issues but have been fortunate to have a great experience with all the devices to date.