it's on the way

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

redgaz26

May 21, 2007
outside glasgow
hello from Scotland, well next Tuesday is the big announcement for us Brits, the iPhone will be with us shortly so I have a couple of questions.
is it vital to have it in a case?
do you guys just dock it every night and charge and sync?
in iTunes is it similar to the ipod for syncing or do you have to use smart folders?
is it worth the wait?
only been waiting since January!

Neil

Bronze
I don't use a case at all, carry it in my jeans pocket (by itself) since iday (6/29) and not a scratch on it. I bought a case, but heard about possible scratches from cases. Besides, I like it's beauty uncovered. Totally worth the wait---I love mine. Enjoy!

Neil

Bronze
More smudges than fingerprints, but not very noticeable when the phone is in use. Easily cleaned with the cloth that comes with it, or any soft cloth. Just breathe on it, or use a cloth moistened with water. People use all kinds of fancy cleaning things on it, but it's not necessary at all.

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
I keep my phone naked except when carrying it then it is in the DLO hip case. I only use that as in my pocket it annoys me (at work I having anything in my pockets).

Naked with no glass scratches. I don't really take care of it so the shiny silver bezel around the screen has some scratches here and there.

The brushed aluminum has some minor blemishes from tossing it on my desk.

Finger prints and smudges come off super easy on your shirt or pants if you don't want to carry around something to use to wipe it with.

There is no manual song management, so you need to tell it what to sync with via a play list or entire library (at least I think that is how it was).

Under normal usage for me I charge it every other day. I listen to about 1-2 hours of music a day, check e-mail once in the morning, once in the afternoon (unless I am expecting something), and check the weather frequently and stocks occasionally.

There is no manual song management, so you need to tell it what to sync with via a play list or entire library (at least I think that is how it was).
You can select any song you want to put on the iPhone simply by placing a checkmark next to it on your music library. You don't have to choose all and you don't have to use playlists if you don't want to.

Dawgfan

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
Atlanta, GA
hello from Scotland, well next Tuesday is the big announcement for us Brits, the iPhone will be with us shortly so I have a couple of questions.
in iTunes is it similar to the ipod for syncing or do you have to use smart folders?
is it worth the wait?
Congrats.
I would say a case is not vital but putting it in something will help with gripping it.. it is a slick little booger.
I sync once or so a day and charge every 1.5 to 2 days or so depending on usage.
The iTunes sync'ing is VERY similar and very easy. It makes sync'ing podcasts, music, photo albums, etc very, very easy.

The screen has really shocked me with its durability. I am very careful but I have looked at the screen soo many times thinking oohhhh no a scratch.. only to have it clean off and go away. I JUST got the Crystal Screen Protector and I HIGHLY recommend it. It is super cheap, cuts down on the smudges and protects the screen. It is SUPER clear.

Cheers.

dwcerra

Aug 20, 2007
I wouldn't say it's "vital" to have a case but I do have one, esp. when I use it at the gym....just more practical. I"m kinda paranoid about it not getting dinged up and scratched but from what I understand it's very solidly built.

Pretty much I just dock mine into the wall socket every night as I would with any other cell phone I ever had, good to go!

Sync is exactly like it is with the ipod, plug and go....you DO have the option like you do with the ipod as to WHAT you want synced or not.

Totally worth the wait! I currently have 6 months contract with Sprint remaining but still bought an iPhone w/ATT because I had to have one. I'm so very happy I did. Activating it was sooo simple too. Battery life is great. ALl the hub-bub about not being able to replace your cell phone battery...I never have nor do I know ANYONE who have EVER had to replace their cell phone/pda battery. I mean by the time the battery no longer holds a decent charge I figure I'll be ready for an upgrade to iPhone 2 or 3. 8o)

Best of Luck!

is it worth the wait?