It's past 14 days, can I still return my iPhone?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

SpunkyXL

Jul 1, 2007
I know there's a 10% Restocking Fee if it's opened within the 14 days. But what about when it is past the 14 days? Is it still returnable?

Edit: Went to Apple Store, asked for refund..explained to the nice manager all my complaints about this peese of crap iPhone..He allowed the 100% refund, and waived the 10% restocking Fee.

Me =Happy Camper :)

Last edited by a moderator:

neo

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
murf, Tn
I know there's a 10% Restocking Fee if it's opened within the 14 days. But what about when it is past the 14 days? Is it still returnable?
I doubt it , I know for the regular phones its 30 days and anything over and its yours so iam willing to bet its yours. Unless something is wrong with it not sure about Apples warranty policy

SpunkyXL

Jul 1, 2007
dang, I'm owned..I'm stuck with this damn phone! This over-rated phone pisses me off. I was too lazy to go to Apple store to return it, and now it's too late! ahh!

Silverado

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
You can go the eBay route and you probably won't do too badly.

You need to cancel with AT&T before 30 days are over, make sure you don't forget THAT date too :)

SpunkyXL

Jul 1, 2007
So, I went to the Apple Store today and got A FULL REFUND for my my 8GB iPhone! No restocking Fee either! Can't believe I got a full refund even though it was way past 14 days..! Finally, I can go back to my Wonderful Samsung BlackJack..So long you piece over-rated crap iPhone! I'm so f-ckin happy! :)

neo

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
murf, Tn
So, I went to the Apple Store today and got A FULL REFUND for my my 8GB iPhone! No restocking Fee either! Can't believe I got a full refund even though it was way past 14 days..! Finally, I can go back to my Wonderful Samsung BlackJack..So long you piece over-rated crap iPhone! I'm so f-ckin happy! :)

Later:cool:...YOU'LL BE BACK...lol

177ike

Jul 21, 2007
I've had mine now for close to 2 weeks now and I love this phone because of the very fact that its so much more than just a phone. By the way, this auto correct feature works extremely well as I'm noticing by typing this post on my phone right now.

I'm wondering If the people who feel the need to return their phones can be more specific as to why? If you can still remember why, I'd like to know. Thanks.

SpunkyXL

Jul 1, 2007
I'm wondering If the people who feel the need to return their phones can be more specific as to why? If you can still remember why, I'd like to know. Thanks.

Reasons why I returned:

-Kinda Big (Annoying to put it in your pocket)
-Way too many Dropped calls! Never had this problem with my Samsung Blackjack
-Phone Volume is way to LOW! I have to shove the phone in my ear to actually hear someone. (Yes, the volume was all the way up)
-Speaker Phone is garbage
-Way too many clicks and menu's to go through just to call someone
-Texting sux
-Internet is slow as hell without WiFi
-iphone unlocks way too much! I hate having to slide it over just to unlock the phone
-Barely any 3rd Party Apps
-No SlingBox
-Needed to go back to Windows Mobile!

The list goes on and on... I tried adjusting to its flaws, but I could not take it anymore! :eek:

177ike

Jul 21, 2007
I can name positives as well:

-Size is great and sleek design. I also added the Best Skins Ever for protection, so the grip is just right and still slides right into my pocket with ease. Prior to adding the skin, the naked iPhone is very slippery.
-Volume suits me just fine and is no worse than my Samsung generic phone I used to carry.
-Love the screen and intuitive design layout. Also love the cross-functionality of Maps, Phone, Camera, Email, etc. Lets say you search for a restuarant using google maps to check out their menu for takeout. Once you decide what you want to eat, all you have to do is click the phone number link. All phone numbers show up as links when browsing with iPhone.
-Edge is not nearly as slow as I thought it would be after reading negative comments about the phone. I'm pleasantly surprised. From what an Apple tech told me over the phone when setting up my smtp, it is supposed to be twice the speed of dial-up. 2G was also utilized in the iPhone to help conserve battery life.
-That being said, my battery life has been phenominal considering what I've been using the phone for throughout the day. Granted, I've turned birghtness down quite a bit to help conserve battery life.
-I love the fact that I can also get right into my car, sync bluetooth up with full functionality in my 2007 Acura TL Type-S (import phonebook, battery and signal meter show up in my MID as well), and also connect my aux jack and listen to my iPhone/ipod music as well. Granted, I had to dremel down my generic $3.00 Fry's cable on one end to fit the iPhone jack (took me 2 mins to do)
-With iPhone, my calls incoming and outgoing are very simple. In my opinion, there is not a lot of digging into menu systems, etc as has always been the case with Apple interfaces. Very intuitive and simplistic layout and design.
-I love being able to easilty take pictures and transfer them onto my iPhone, so I can easily show slideshows of my wife and kids to friends/coworkers, etc on the awesome screen. Granted, I might have to turn the brightness back up to show the brilliant color of the photos on the kick-ass screen. Love the landscape and protrait view that can easily be changed back and forth.

These are only some of the reasons off the top of an ordinary user's head that make the phone well worth it to me. Plus, there's absolutely nothing out there like it right now.

RomeoSto

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
Chicago IL
Reasons why I returned:

-Kinda Big (Annoying to put it in your pocket)
-Way too many Dropped calls! Never had this problem with my Samsung Blackjack
-Phone Volume is way to LOW! I have to shove the phone in my ear to actually hear someone. (Yes, the volume was all the way up)
-Speaker Phone is garbage
-Way too many clicks and menu's to go through just to call someone
-Texting sux
-Internet is slow as hell without WiFi
-iphone unlocks way too much! I hate having to slide it over just to unlock the phone
-Barely any 3rd Party Apps
-No SlingBox
-Needed to go back to Windows Mobile!

The list goes on and on... I tried adjusting to its flaws, but I could not take it anymore! :eek:
I came from a treo 750v and compared to the iPhone I actually like the size! How is the size annoying is it because of the length or maybe your pockets are small? I haven't had dropped calls but I have had problems calling in my fiancés condo, but calling isn't that difficult. True with WM you could just simply type a name but I hated when the phone would say its calling it never does then you had to completely restart the phone, I don't have that problem with my iPhone :). I prefer to stay away from WM the stability is better on the iPhone.