It's sad Apple doesn't make a phone like these

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Of course they don't, they want to make their phones thin and frail so as to increase your chances of breaking it and having to buy a new one =) Shame on Apple.

These phones will survive the apocalypse

http://www.theverge.com/2014/5/30/5765818/these-phones-will-survive-the-apocalypse
Just get a case. Apple isn't going to compromise aesthetics and size to make it more durable and waterproof. None of those phones in the article have a form factor that is as attractive as an iPhone. The S5 Active isn't too bad, but it does have corners that jut out and it's looks like it wouldn't be comfortable to hold single-handedly for extended periods.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Apple make too much money on people ruining their phones, why would they cut a good source for making money ?
Many people like the look of iPhones without cases. They are willing to take the risk of damaging the phone. Others have a wide variety of likes and needs concerning cases. Some want bulky protective cases that are waterproof and require plugging the ports. Most don't want to bother with that. Why would Apple make a bulky, protective phone that eliminates the need for a case and stops people from being able to customize their phones when not everyone would want that style and increased size?

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
Many people like the look of iPhones without cases. They are willing to take the risk of damaging the phone. Others have a wide variety of likes and needs concerning cases. Some want bulky protective cases that are waterproof and require plugging the ports. Most don't want to bother with that. Why would Apple make a bulky, protective phone that eliminates the need for a case and stops people from being able to customize their phones when not everyone would want that style and increased size?
Agree, I for one don't like bulky cases though I use a waterproof one as needed based on my environment needs at the time. I'd love to see a water proof naked iPhone sometime in the future.