It's sick, but why do I hate it that everyone has an iPhone

Rockky

Bronze
Aug 8, 2007
I was about first I'm line ok June29. What do I just need status and to feel special? I think I saw a homeless dude with one! God I need a life.

Last edited by a moderator:

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
totally agree with you. It's like buying a Porsche. You don't want everybody to get one...

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Exactly. One guy in my 8th period has one and I don't want him to have it.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
We're friends actually. I just wish he didn't have one. I had the best phone of every one of the 1,543 kids in my high school before he got one.

Montalicious

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
haha yeah i hate seeing people with them. selfish aren't we? lol

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I was on the bus yesterday and it seemed everyone had an iPhone. Whatevers, are least when iPhone 2 comes out you can snatch it up and feel important again.

kakofonix

Silver
Oct 2, 2007
No one else I know has an iPhone, so I'm still enjoying my 15 minutes of fame. I just never tire of hearing another girl gush: "Oh you have an iPhone!". It's almost orgasmic...almost...:cool:

Aug 11, 2007
yeah, I work in a grocery store. And few things suck more than feeling like a total badass with your wicked cool phone and then seeing 25 soccer moms a day come in to buy groceries. Go get a razor or something!

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
Talk about wanting to be the only one...

I know someone that took an iPod charger he was no longer uses, modded it, inserted a lanyard, so now his iPhone hangs around his neck like a Nano.

If you decide to do the same, it's the charger you have to squeeze on the sides to remove. If you use the plug that requires no squeezing, your iPhone is liable to fall off.

I am having my charger modded as we speak. I think what he did was pretty cool, so I had to cop that! :p

iPhone8801

Bronze
Sep 22, 2007
:laugh2:YES, I hate the fact that LITERALLY everyone and their mother/ sister/ brother/ cousin/ aunt/ nephew has an iPhone.

On another note, I always laugh at iPod touch owners because they do not have maps, camera, or a phone. Funny how they paid same amount I paid for my 4gb iPhone AHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Nevertheless, I could just use my old 8801 nokia and easily resolve the "everyone has my phone" problem. I have only seen 4 people with the Nokia 8801. Yet, in the past months I have used this iPhone I cannot pull myself to swap sims with my 8801. No matter how shiny and well engineered it is. :p

Rockky

Bronze
Aug 8, 2007
I suppose its like an expensive cool coat or something that garners you a lot of looks then going somewhere and lots of people wearing the same one..no longer too cool!
my only caveat has been a ton of modifications with a summerboards full of apps and a kickass wallpaper....so that other iPhone owners have been saying: 'Man, how'd you get all that blah' blah' blah...'....sort of like the cool coat on my iPhone....at least they don't have to all look alike!
Man its all so shallow!...thought I was a deep guy!

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Most of the time I just use my iPhone and smile. Who cares if everyone else is doing the same thing... effem!

iPhone8801

Bronze
Sep 22, 2007
On the contrary, if I paid $600 ($300 in my case) for a phone I should expect a sense of hierarchy in ownership of such a device over others. Unfortunately, everyone has the iPhone thereforee defeating the purpose of paying for an overpriced Apple product.

That is why some, not all, despise seeing their phone in the hands of others. It may seem silly, but a select few take great pride standing out in a crowd of 6.63 Billion.

But, to each his/her own.

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
I suppose its like an expensive cool coat or something that garners you a lot of looks then going somewhere and lots of people wearing the same one..no longer too cool!
my only caveat has been a ton of modifications with a summerboards full of apps and a kickass wallpaper....so that other iPhone owners have been saying: 'Man, how'd you get all that blah' blah' blah...'....sort of like the cool coat on my iPhone....at least they don't have to all look alike!
Man its all so shallow!...thought I was a deep guy!
i love the coat comparison. Oh, I thought I was a deep guy to before owning an iPhone. I can proudly say that I am now a snoby shallow iPhone owner! haha

OniKoroshi

Bronze
Oct 25, 2007
I couldn't imagine buying a $400 phone in high school.

bmw330ci

Bronze
Sep 22, 2007
I couldn't imagine buying a $400 phone in high school.
Why? I mean tons of guys at my school have them.

Maybe it's not like everywhere since I go to a prestigous private school.

iPhone8801

Bronze
Sep 22, 2007
So does your head get stuck in doorways? Mine does.