it's the one we've all seen

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I'm a bit gutted to honest I'm not blown away, I think my 4s will be ok with ios6 until the 5s or ip6... really gutted

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app
The iPhone 4 runs iOS 6 beta great, so rest assured that the 4S will run it just as good if not better!

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
iPhone fans are so annoying sometimes. WTF were you expecting? Have you not seen other iterations of the iPhone
you can't make the same point without being insulting? Some are not impressed with the new changes and wanting to stay with their current phone.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Every year the same: those still under contract are likely to be underwhelmed. Those ready to upgrade will find the new features worthy.
Not 100% true, last year I was in the same situation and did everything to get the 4S, and in theory the 4S was a minor upgrade compare to the 5. It's ok to be an iPhone user and not always be 100% satisfied.

Prozium12

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 22, 2012
Uk,Manchester
IOS 6 looks great happy with that, but don't tell me the new iPhone 5 is ground breaking,they had a chance to try something new all they've done is make it taller no width at all, I didn't want Samsung s3 size but was it worth it, and did anyone hear about nano sim or not, has it 1gb ram, I love my Apple stuff ipad2, 4s mac book,so don't have a go,no Apple haters here. Just not blown away,

Sent from my iPad2 using iCafe app

Prozium12

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 22, 2012
Uk,Manchester
Not 100% true, last year I was in the same situation and did everything to get the 4S, and in theory the 4S was a minor upgrade compare to the 5. It's ok to be an iPhone user and not always be 100% satisfied.
shame iOS 6 isn't out until the 19th another week waiting..

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I didn't mean you specifically, Benny. Just the iPhone community in general.

And Prozium, "ground-breaking" doesn't happen every year, or even every three years. I just don't know what you were expecting. It's an extremely competitive phone, feature-wise.

Jarred

Contributor
Bronze
Nov 13, 2011
Pretty tough ask to blow people away with all the leaks this one got! Gonna be in London when it's available to buy, will have a closer look at it then if they'll allow outright purchases.
Annoying that iOS6 is released the day I fly out, will have to update the iPad and 4S before I head to the airport heh.

Didn't catch any of the details on the A6, quad core?

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA

And Prozium, "ground-breaking" doesn't happen every year, or even every three years. I just don't know what you were expecting. It's an extremely competitive phone, feature-wise.
got you, I just didn't see anything on the OP that was so out of this world. I didn't expect extraordinary, I just expected something like from the 4 to the 4S, and don't see it. I'll probably change my mind, and others, once we see everyone wowing it (is that even a word?) anyways....

Prozium12

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 22, 2012
Uk,Manchester
got you, I just didn't see anything on the OP that was so out of this world. I didn't expect extraordinary, I just expected something like from the 4 to the 4S, and don't see it. I'll probably change my mind, and others, once we see everyone wowing it (is that even a word?) anyways....
that's how Apple described the ip5 as groundbreaking,I just don't agree, they need to take a risk and not worrie about upsetting customers and re-design the iPhone,

Prozium12

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 22, 2012
Uk,Manchester

that's how Apple describe it as 'groundbreaking'. The iPhone 4 was groundbreaking

Prozium12

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 22, 2012
Uk,Manchester
You never know in a month or three I may get the ip5,I just think they could of done more... And I think they will have to go different on the ip6

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
that's how Apple described the ip5 as groundbreaking,I just don't agree, they need to take a risk and not worrie about upsetting customers and re-design the iPhone,

yes, and that kind of made everyone at twit.tv laugh. Apple likes to use those words a lot, and much seemed like a catchup to Android. I didn't get wowed either, but that might change, like chris said, once I feel the phone with my own hands. I still have an amazing phone and no way I'm ever switching to anything else, and I still think that it's the best one out there. I was willing to go out of my way and even pay outright, not from what I saw on the keynote.

Leo

Zealot
Silver
Nov 9, 2008
Calgary, AB
An update will never be near as revolutionary as the original, when it was a brand-new product that no one's ever seen before. The same rule applies to everything ever built. I could look at my car, and then a Ferrari, and say "Meh, mine still gets me from point A to point B, it can seat more people, that one just looks different and goes faster, so that's just disappointing.". What people don't seem to get is if you stray from the foundation of a product, it's a whole new product entirely. It wouldn't even be an iPhone anymore if you're expecting it to make breakfast for you in the morning in the next iteration.