it's the one we've all seen

Prozium12

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 22, 2012
Uk,Manchester
An update will never be near as revolutionary as the original, when it was a brand-new product that no one's ever seen before. The same rule applies to everything ever built. I could look at my car, and then a Ferrari, and say "Meh, mine still gets me from point A to point B, it can seat more people, that one just looks different and goes faster, so that's just disappointing.". What people don't seem to get is if you stray from the foundation of a product, it's a whole new product entirely. It wouldn't even be an iPhone anymore if you're expecting it to make breakfast for you in the morning in the next iteration.
that's what a re-design is a blank piece of paper a fresh look, something new,your thinking of a toaster, I don't get your car point are you saying you may as well stick with your car than go for the Ferrari..

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
I wish the design was a little different but other than that I am excited. My faith is restored with Apple. No more galaxy 3.

Prozium12

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 22, 2012
Uk,Manchester
yes, and that kind of made everyone at twit.tv laugh. Apple likes to use those words a lot, and much seemed like a catchup to Android. I didn't get wowed either, but that might change, like chris said, once I feel the phone with my own hands. I still have an amazing phone and no way I'm ever switching to anything else, and I still think that it's the best one out there. I was willing to go out of my way and even pay outright, not from what I saw on the keynote.
I feel the same when I see it I will want it but I've done that on every iPhone and after a week I've thought I should of waited see what the next cycle brings, it gets to me why Apple can't make a few dummie mock up ip5 just to keep us all guessing till the big unveil..

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Look at imutter imutter last year she camped out for 6 days no food or water, and now she doesn't even care. That says a lot :D

mbairguy

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 8, 2012
Birmingham, AL
A6 processor.......makes everything good in my book. Sure, all other features were expected, but made better by faster processor. I was hoping for a replacement for my 2-yr old droidX; the ip5 will do nicely.

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
Benny I did not camp I wish I had LOL
If this is a reflextion on how I feel about the new iPhone, then you hit the nail on the head.
I thought it was ugly already from the leaks. Perhaps when I hold it I could change my mind?
Color like the touch would make that feeling go away
I do not care about the earpods (never used any of the included errbuds)
No car charger ? Working on accessories ? But $29 for some ugly solution!
They moved the head jack (YUCK)
I do like 3 mics !
I do like the LTE CHIP
The nano sim I have no coment (it's nothing what really concerns me much)
A6 chip I have to compare and see (I guess faster is better always)
Thinner & Lighter is really cool (but man look at the Touch)
A little Tweak with the Battery is not enough for me
The video taking updates are a step in the right direction But there was no upgrade made!
And the FT camera Oh well if it wasn't for AT&T charging I probably be more excite about it!
Panorama? Really I am not jumping ! I have Apps for that!
There is absolutely nothing done to the camera !
The Wifi 5Ghz LOVE it!
Siri better understands what I tell he
And Maps better be the bomb !

Last edited by a moderator:

mbairguy

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 8, 2012
Birmingham, AL
Nothing done to the camera is an absolutely incorrect statement. 8mp is same...sure; but A6/graphics makes a huge difference in photo quality; low light solution; and panorama option. Remember, the 8mp stays the same in an 18% thinner case. Also you didn't mention the 720p front camera. (well you slightly mentioned the ft)

Aug 1, 2007
Nothing done to the camera is an absolutely incorrect statement. 8mp is same...sure; but A6/graphics makes a huge difference in photo quality; low light solution; and panorama option. Remember, the 8mp stays the same in an 18% thinner case. Also you didn't mention the 720p front camera. (well you slightly mentioned the ft)
Nothing has been really done to the camera quality other than a low light solution. Processor may enhance it slightly, and the panorama I believe is a feature of iOS6, that's nothing new to the 5 itself. So really, not much of an upgrade to the back camera. Also no one even knows the speed of the processor, there's a reason they don't release the specs.

Prozium12

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 22, 2012
Uk,Manchester
Nothing has been really done to the camera quality other than a low light solution. Processor may enhance it slightly, and the panorama I believe is a feature of iOS6, that's nothing new to the 5 itself. So really, not much of an upgrade to the back camera. Also no one even knows the speed of the processor, there's a reason they don't release the specs.
I think it's over rated,will be really interesting to see ios6 on the 4s side by side with ios6 on the ip5.

Aug 1, 2007
I think it's over rated,will be really interesting to see ios6 on the 4s side by side with ios6 on the ip5.

It's longer, and omg it has panoramic view.. and GASP iOS6! I'm pretty disappointed that I can't upgrade. Even if I was, I'm still not as excited for this as I was the 4S. The anticipation for Siri, the better camera, the iMessaging and all the features for iOS5 which I waited for and never used was just a better experience. I think I'm starting to get bored of my iPhone.. too bad I dislike Android.

mbairguy

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 8, 2012
Birmingham, AL
As usual, multiple enhancements to an already solid platform never get (deserved) kudos.

Low light solution is huge! Correct about panorama (apps) but now native. A6 specs are available and impressive, especially considering same or better battery life. 8mp and 1080p picture taking experience will be appreciably enhanced due to the A6 processor.

JDem

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 19, 2011
NNJ and Central PA
Seems to be a bigger leap than the 4s was...bigger screen, LTE, better camera, better battery life, better graphics. What did the 4s really give any of us other than SIRI that was noticeable or earth shattering?

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
Didn't catch any of the details on the A6, quad core?
Speculating the A6 SoC in the iPhone 5 has the new ARM Cortex A15 in it which is significantly faster and more advanced than any phone out in the market right now. It would eat the Samsung's Galaxy S3's A9 and HTC One X's S4 for a midnight snack.

Torinate

Bronze
Sep 19, 2009
iPhone fans are so annoying sometimes. WTF were you expecting? Have you not seen other iterations of the iPhone
I guess I was expecting something much better than the competition. Remember, the first iPhone was a trend setter... Now we're just playing catch up.

We may have (arguable to most outside this board) a better OS. But the hardware itself is inferior.

Smaller screen. Inferior camera.

Apple is unfortunately a little late to the game with size, LTE, camera...

So yes; I was expecting a device that surpasses everything in the market today. Unfortunately, it doesn't quite meet what's out there in many facets let alone exceed them.

I'm too invested in apps etc to make a change unfortunately.

Don't get me wrong. I love my iPhone 4S. But it's not cutting edge as it once was.

YMMV...

VOLS34

Zealot
Gold
Jun 25, 2010
Maybe Apple will start coming out with a new phone every 3 months like the rest.

Torinate

Bronze
Sep 19, 2009
If they did, they could gain some ground then. As it is, they play catch up to the Android that was out 3-6 months ago...

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
Again, they're not playing catch up. They set the bar higher. It has the best camera, Fastest CPU/GPU, smoothest OS. Apps come out first in the AppStore. Not to mention apps are also more polished on iOS than on Android.

Samsung made the Galaxy Note with a 5.3 inch screen. Then they made the Galaxy S3 with a 4.8 inch screen. Does that mean the S3 moved backwards?

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Is this yet another thread that turns into the iOS vs Android BS?