iTunes 11 not syncing with iPod Touch 4

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by lettophilia, May 5, 2013.

1. lettophilia

lettophilia New Member

Alright, I see other people are having this problem, but none of their solutions seem to work for me. Here's the problem...

I'm operating on a Mac OS X version 10.6.8 and an 8 GB iPod Touch 4. I upgraded to iTunes 11. I plugged in my iPod to update my music and no music was transferred. iTunes goes through the steps (ex. Preparing to sync...determining apps to sync), but when I check my iPod nothing has changed. I've tried the following:
    1. Fiddled with manually managing music vs automatically
    -When on manually managing music, I've tried "Entire music library" and "Selected playlists, artists, albums, and genres"
    -I've tried only syncing Genius playlists
    2. Using different iPod cords to connect with the computer
    3. Changing my settings to sync over wi-fi (it should be noted that when I did this, the iPod did not register the change - so I guess none of my other settings are syncing either)
    4. Changing the settings of adding movies/tv shows/apps/books/info (nothing was added/erased on my iPod)
    5. Restoring my iPod to its factory settings (so now I have no music on my iPod)
    6. Restarting my iPod and computer.
    7. Authorizing and deauthorizing my computer

I should also mention that I've tried syncing separately on all the different tabs (settings, music, and on this ipod). When I chose to manually manage my music and go to the "Music" tab, I check "Sync Music" (Selected playlists, artists, albums, and genres) and it says I have 500 songs chosen. Sometimes at the bottom, where it tells you how much free space if left (and what the other space is being used for) there is only a yellow section that says "Other" (right now it's telling me that I have 5.34 GB of free space). If I try syncing, it will briefly show the Apps and Music space that is being used, but then it always reverts back to just the yellow "Other" section.
    Lastly, after I try that and go back to the "Settings" tab, the "Manually manage music and videos" option is unchecked again. It all just seems really out of whack.
    I might be forgetting some of the things I've tried, but any other suggestions? I know I can still try re-installing iTunes (I'd probably go back to an older version) but I'd like for that to be a last case scenario.

2. Graley

Graley New Member

Try this.
    In iTunes left side bar see iPod when connected by USB.
    Click iPod..click music. You see all music in iTunes on computer.
    Select/deselect chosen music tracks. Sync..apply.
    That should update the iPod.

Sent using iCafe app

3. lettophilia

lettophilia New Member

I tried! No dice, it still just goes through the steps of syncing but nothing actually happens.

4. Graley

Graley New Member

One more remote possibility...the USB from iPod to computer should be plugged directly into computer. Not via USB hub or USB extension cable.

Sent using iCafe app

5. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Good suggestion.

6. lettophilia

lettophilia New Member

Hey, in case anyone has the same problem, I solved mine! I synced my iPod to another computer, it worked, then I synced it to mine and everything was okay