iTunes 11 with Wi-Fi sync problem

isaingj

Bronze
Dec 4, 2011
Alright, I have this problem in iTunes 11 that pisses me off, the Wi-Fi syncing. I ticked the box (sync this iPhone over Wi-Fi) then I apply it, I take off the USB cable and the iPhone tab is gone. What the hell, it's ticked over Wi-Fi, & the iPhone tab is gone, it's suppose to say there not disappear, & also my firewall is off. What's going on, why is it doing this? Help..

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Hello. Sometimes iTunes will not recognize the device until you're using it and there isn't a passcode barrier.

Sent using iCafe app

isaingj

Bronze
Dec 4, 2011
Hello. Sometimes iTunes will not recognize the device until you're using it and there isn't a passcode barrier.

Sent using iCafe app
I have a passcode, but when I unlock it, it still takes long to recognize it, it usually takes quick.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Na, not working still.
Unfortunately, I just found out that the Wifi Syncing was not working for me either. I tried a fix that someone said worked for them on this discussion below. It did not work for me.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4310457?tstart=0

Then I tried another fix that someone posted on the same discussion from above, and just like that it fixed the problem. It was an easy and simple fix. I hope it fixes the problem for you. If not, let me know and I will keep digging for fixes.

"just turn the wifi on your computer on and off worked for me..,
cool.gif
"

For me, I turned my Wifi on my computer off and back on.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Wifi sync is inconsistent. It doesn't work for me half the time; it's a good thing I never really need it.
I usually don't use Wifi Sync. I plug my iPhone directly into my computer. But it was nice to figure out the fix. However, it may only be a temporary fix.

isaingj

Bronze
Dec 4, 2011
Unfortunately, I just found out that the Wifi Syncing was not working for me either. I tried a fix that someone said worked for them on this discussion below. It did not work for me.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4310457?tstart=0

Then I tried another fix that someone posted on the same discussion from above, and just like that it fixed the problem. It was an easy and simple fix. I hope it fixes the problem for you. If not, let me know and I will keep digging for fixes.

"just turn the wifi on your computer on and off worked for me..,
cool.gif
"

For me, I turned my Wifi on my computer off and back on.
I read what they said, but I didn't follow their steps, I followed your step, and it's works. Thanks!