iTunes + 2 and iPhone

aaronsiphone

Bronze
Dec 28, 2007
I haven't bothered searching for this topic sorry, I always like the fresh look and also believe there are more people asking this question who would like to see it here I was wondering I have access to two PCs with two different iTunes libraries on on. my iPhone is sync and activated through computer A, I was wondering can I plug my iPhone into computer B and take all the music from that oc without losing all my music?

aaronsiphone

Bronze
Dec 28, 2007
short n sweet I guess! will it wipe all my music or will i have to reactivate it on computer B, its just cos I want this one album really bad! i don't mind losing all these songs on my iPhone at min cos when i get back to computer A ill just wipe it back off again. What do you think I should do?

Doby45

Silver
Aug 21, 2007
Powder Springs, GA
I would go into the iTunes music directory on computer B and grab the album you want and then copy it into your music directory on computer A and then have iTunes run a scan for any new music. It should pick up the new album ad then you can synch like you should on computer A. But if you hook your iPhone up to a computer other than the one it has a library established with, it will wipe it clean.

aaronsiphone

Bronze
Dec 28, 2007
Thing is computer B is 150 miles away from computer A ( Main computer) im currently on computer B which has a really good album on that i want to listen to all week. im not too bothered about the rest of my music for this week, so if I plug iPhone into Computer B now it will wipe all music, photos etc, sync the new album i wont have anything on apart from that album........?

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
I personally use a 500 gig external to coppy all my friends librarys too. Then I just bring them back home and add them to mine.

aaronsiphone

Bronze
Dec 28, 2007
I personally use a 500 gig external to coppy all my friends librarys too. Then I just bring them back home and add them to mine.
Good thinking. never thought of that idea! Damn ill have to remember next time! By the way thanks for all your advice!

hinzy

Bronze
Feb 6, 2008
if you are jailbroken You can use and app called swaptunes to sync two different iTunes librarys to your iPhone

aaronsiphone

Bronze
Dec 28, 2007
if you are jailbroken You can use and app called swaptunes to sync two different iTunes librarys to your iPhone
ow there we go, that might be useful. im on 1.1.3 but to be honest ive been a div and downloaded too many sources, takes me ten mins to open the thing

xcissexc

Aug 9, 2007
there is a program called touch copy which allows you take music off your iPhone and it your iTunes but it costs 20bux