iTunes 7.4.1.2

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

MrSoprano

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I was just wondering if the iTunes version 7.4.1.2 is the same as 7.4.1:mad:
i was just about to post the same thing, because i can not for the life of me get the rename ringtone trick to work and i have iTunes 7.4.1.2. i'm assuming, again just assuming, that Apple silently updated iTunes to block that trick with .2 and we are the people having problems getting this to work. are you having problems with custom ringtones as well?

becomingwater

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
Florida
i was just about to post the same thing, because i can not for the life of me get the rename ringtone trick to work and i have iTunes 7.4.1.2. i'm assuming, again just assuming, that Apple silently updated iTunes to block that trick with .2 and we are the people having problems getting this to work. are you having problems with custom ringtones as well?
I am having that same problem too. I wish we could get free ringtones, or at least the first 5 ringtones free..:)

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
I'm having the same problem (thus the many posts in other threads). I can't get ringtones on my phone without using iPhoneringtonemaker, and those get erased each time I sync, which isn't too often now.

brianlamar

Bronze
Aug 6, 2007
yeah its very easy to make your own. You can take clips of a song from your library or take an entire song. Here's the easy fix:

Lets say you want only a clip of a song already in your library, Select the song you want to tweak in the library.

1. Go to "File" and "Get Info"

2. Click on the options tab

3. Find the part of the song you want the ringtone to start and end using seconds only. (make sure you put the seconds in precisely or they can mess up... ex, 3:25.04 or so on.... not 3.25.04)

4. Make sure you have a start and end of the song to convert to a ringtone.

5. Click ok

6. Click on advanced and convert song to MP3 or AAC whichever you use.

It will only convert the song for the seconds that you set the song for under the options tab. Now you can go back and deselect start and end time under the options menu for the original song.

7. Now we have to find the song so we can rename it. Make sure your Mac is set to "Show File Extensions" If you don't know if it is...... Make finder active.

1. Click on the Finder menu bar.

2. Click on Preferences/Advanced

3. Select show all file extensions.

8. Make sure your song is still selected in iTunes, Click on file and "Show In Finder"

9. Go back to iTunes and delete the file from the library that you created but make sure you select "Keep Files"

10. Now rename the file you created in the finder window to ".m4r"

11. Double click to open. It might play on iTunes and it might not, it will just make iTunes the active screen. Either way its in iTunes.

12. Now the file has moved to the ringtones folder in iTunes. You must now find it again and rename it to ".m4a" so it will play on the iPhone.

13. Sync and be happy.....

This is for iTunes 7.4.1 and 7.4.1 (2)