iTunes 7.4.2 just released.......

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

diesel

Bronze
Aug 15, 2007
NYC
Update at your own risk because there are reports that this new update supposedly deletes some non iTunes ringtones..................

Dallas Phil

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
I thought that too, but the one last week was 7.4.1.2. I just went into iTunes and sure enough there is another update.

theraker007

Bronze
Jun 15, 2007
well given that i run 64x windows vista right now, it wont even recognize my iPhone no less change anything on it.. so until i format back to 32x iTunes cant hurt me, bwahaha

digitalfx

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I put mine in manually...change ext to .m4r, drag into ringtones, rename, etc, etc.

It deleted them entirely...I updated from previous version 7.4.1.2

iGal

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
SoCal
Get a job and go buy some Licensed Ringtones!:p

No but really don't you feel somewhat bad?
To each his own, I say. Whatever makes people happy. I don't really care about what noise(s) my phone makes, at least not enough to go through the whole DIY process. Not enough to buy them, either :rolleyes:

DoubleD

Bronze
Aug 31, 2007
New Orleans
I put mine in manually...change ext to .m4r, drag into ringtones, rename, etc, etc.

It deleted them entirely...I updated from previous version 7.4.1.2
I wonder if we named the ringtone we bootlegged in there one of the stock ringtone names that it wouldn't delete them. Will you give it a try?

afsilverman

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
To each his own, I say. Whatever makes people happy. I don't really care about what noise(s) my phone makes, at least not enough to go through the whole DIY process. Not enough to buy them, either :rolleyes:
So what does this new update give us?

iigreatoneii

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
Orange County, CA
digitalfx, you can go back to an earlier version if you want to, then you can still put your ringtones on your iPhone. There's a website in one of the sub forums that has older versions of programs. I'll see if I can find it if you need it. Just let me know. I figured it would, that's why i didn't update. And Kency79, the iPhone update for the iTunes Music Store will be released through an iPhone update, not an iTunes update. So if you want ringtones, don't upgrade iTunes.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
Actually, when I updated today, I was able to see the little bell for the first time to show which songs I could use for ringtones, actually there was a lot!