iTunes 7.4.2

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Sep 11, 2007
Okay guys, I just got notification and my computer is trying to dl the new iTunes. Im more worried about this new version doing something to my ringtones, so for all those who have used Ibrickr to put ringtones on your phone, if you download this new version and sync your phone Id appreciate an update on if anything weird happens.

Happy tuning!

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
Open iTunes and say no to the update. Plug in your iPhone and on the ringtones tab un check sync ringtones.

Then you can take the iTunes update and sync without your ringtones being erased from the iPhone.

Sep 11, 2007
Open iTunes and say no to the update. Plug in your iPhone and on the ringtones tab un check sync ringtones.

Then you can take the iTunes update and sync without your ringtones being erased from the iPhone.

Preciate that! So is it confirmed that you will lose them though if you sync with them?

Jul 27, 2007
Do help

I tried to find the ringtone tab from the new download and could not find it. Please let me know where you found it. I am trying to protect the hacked ringtones that I have and really enjoy.

Thanks in advance

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I tried to find the ringtone tab from the new download and could not find it. Please let me know where you found it. I am trying to protect the hacked ringtones that I have and really enjoy.

Thanks in advance
The ringtone tab is only there if you connect the iPhone. However, make sure you open iTunes before you connect iPhone, go to preferences and check "disable syncing for all iPhones". Once you connect the iPhone, it will show in iTunes, but won't sync. The ringtone tab will be there and uncheck "sync ringtones'. But then you can manually sync everything else. And keep your ringtones.

jooley

Bronze
Sep 10, 2007
Land of the #1 Jayhawks!
Oops!

Awww bummer. Didn't see the post about 'unchecking sync ringtones' until I had already synced with 7.4.2. YUP, it broke my ringtones. they went bybye. I even went into my ringtones folder and changed my previous ringtone extensions to .m4r and then tried to play them so they'd register in iTunes as with the previous version but no luck. :p

pepperco

Jul 1, 2007
thee twin cities
So what exactly is different in this update to us newbies?
exactly......

With iTunes 7.4, sync your favorite music and more with the new iPod nano (third generation), iPod classic, and iPod touch, plus create custom ringtones exclusively for iPhone with many of your favorite songs purchased from the iTunes Store. You can now also play purchased videos with closed captioning (when available), easily rate your favorite albums from one to five stars, and watch videos at a larger size inside the iTunes window. iTunes 7.4.2 addresses an issue with creating ringtones using iTunes Plus song purchases and includes bug fixes to improve stability and performance.

dagoo98

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Just use itoner. You download a trial that's good for 30 days. I won't be changing my ringtones very often (If ever)so this works perfectly for me. And if you are going to be changing your ringtones all the time this program wokrs great and I would recommend buying it. No modding necessary.