iTunes 7.5 update- anyone install yet?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Popdevil

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
This tells me that they are about to come out with an iPhone update as well. Each time they have updated iTunes they did it to get ready for the iPhone update.

iFuNk

Bronze
Oct 25, 2007
I heard there was a utility to help delete duplicate songs .. has anyone found that yet?

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
Each "update" is becoming more "what did it break" instead of "what's new". I know that it shuts down users of iNdependence, but AFAIK nothing else "breaks". As for features, I haven't come across anything - useful or non-useful.

tdefriez

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
You mean.....

Support for UK & Europe is not important as you've already unlocked your phone or are based in the USA?
The new Phase game is not important to you as its not free but its support is part of the new functionality in iTunes?
And the hidden bug fixes mean nothing to you as aren't aware of any?
And your security is not important to you even though the loopholes are unknown to the general public?

Am I being sarcastic? Yes - this is a minor update to support Apple revenue as far as I can see.

Point 1 - They have to enable this to sell in Europe.
Point 2 - This costs you if you want it.
Point 3 - Never had issues with earlier releases.
Point 4 - No idea but I suspect Apple iPhone and network providers security not yours (all other then in France will be locked and the current locking is broken). Add to that the 3rd party issues and.....

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Each "update" is becoming more "what did it break" instead of "what's new". I know that it shuts down users of iNdependence, but AFAIK nothing else "breaks". As for features, I haven't come across anything - useful or non-useful.
Worse, it seems Apple won't do anything till the big "SDK" supposedly coming in February. I seriously doubt anything (major) will come out before the end of this year, since holiday sales are a given and they'd likely not want to confuse anyone.

I love the iPhone but I am becoming increasingly disenfranchised with Apple. And to think two or three months ago I was ready to dive in and buy a Mac.

--
Mike

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
Worse, it seems Apple won't do anything till the big "SDK" supposedly coming in February. I seriously doubt anything (major) will come out before the end of this year, since holiday sales are a given and they'd likely not want to confuse anyone.

I love the iPhone but I am becoming increasingly disenfranchised with Apple. And to think two or three months ago I was ready to dive in and buy a Mac.

--
Mike
I agree that nothing major will come out anytime soon. I actually doubt we'll see c&p or mms until... well perhaps never. I wouldn't let this taint you of buying a Mac. I dove in and I haven't looked back. IMO Mac's are still much better than PC's in terms of stability and UI. Plus you can always bootcamp (free) or parallels, or many other programs that will "get you your fix of Windows" when needed. :D

Ah, but I'm guessing you know all of that already, based on your intelligent and inisightful posts.

As for "major updates" I expect Tetris and Bejeweled through iTunes come March.

And I wouldn't hold it past Apple that the next update or 2 might kill jailbreaking altogether to point of bricking modded phones, not just unlocked phones.

jaydoc1

Contributor
Silver
Sep 23, 2007

--
Mike
I've always been disenfranchised with Apple but, that being said, there's still going to be a new 24" iMac sitting in my office around Christmas time. I may end up not liking it but still looking forward to trying one out finally.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Modmyifone have confirmed that it affects downgrading, modding etc in now way :D
Assuming you meant "in no way" that doesn't apply to people who use iNdependence: iTunes 7.5 kills it.

From the Website:
"Nov. 5/07 - Was enjoying the lull before the inevitable storm... as usual, don't upgrade to iTunes 7.5. Looks like Apple removed the private functions needed for jailbreak from the MobileDevice framework. Time to find another way in..."

I personally will wait for (more) confirmed reports that downgrading to 1.0.2 from 1.1.1 still works.

--
Mike

Stevonw

Silver
Sep 14, 2007
UK
Assuming you meant "in no way" that doesn't apply to people who use iNdependence: iTunes 7.5 kills it.

From the Website:
"Nov. 5/07 - Was enjoying the lull before the inevitable storm... as usual, don't upgrade to iTunes 7.5. Looks like Apple removed the private functions needed for jailbreak from the MobileDevice framework. Time to find another way in..."

I personally will wait for (more) confirmed reports that downgrading to 1.0.2 from 1.1.1 still works.

--
Mike
I use it. I have faith that they'll update soon anyway :laugh2:.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
I've always been disenfrachised with Apple but, that being said, there's still going to be a new 24" iMac sitting in my office around Christmas time. I may end up not liking it but still looking forward to trying one out finally.
For me it's a case of begrudgingly tolerating this nonsense on a smartphone, but not willing to tolerate it on my daily PC. Sure I could run Boot Camp, but after my iPhone experience I'd always be wondering if Apple would someday turn it off. ;)

To be frank the apple-apologists have really turned me off more than Apple. I don't like the cult-like mentality and certainly don't want to be accused of being one of them.

--
Mike

Stevonw

Silver
Sep 14, 2007
UK
So you knew about it and still posted the "all is fine" message? OK.

--
Mike

It is fine as i posted :D Just tested iNdependence and have no problems.

Also, i meant they will fix it for those having problems. Its the same as customize and v1.1.1 . It works for some and not for others.

No need for that though......