iTunes 7.6 Will Not Close

1. smeister

smeister New Member

iTunes 7.6 will not close when I click the exit icon or select Exit from the File menu. It just stays open and uses about 50% of the CPU. I have to End the Process from the Task Manager window. I had a similar problem with iTunes 7.5. The iTunes window would close but the process would remain active. I had to exit iTunes from the Task Manager window also.
    I am using Windows XP. I don't have this problem with any other process.
    Any ideas about this out there?
    Steve

2. IphoneTony

IphoneTony Zealot
    Gold

how old is your computer? I never had this problem maybe steve added this in the update so we go out and buy a mac

3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. smeister

smeister New Member

My PC is a couple of years old. I never had this problem before iTunes 7.5. I am definitely NOT a Mac person. My son is and we have arguments all the time about which machine one should have.

5. smeister

smeister New Member

I found and fixed the problem. Photoshop Elements Downloader was configured to automatically detect and download files from connected devices (cameras, iPhone, etc.). I disabled the automatic download feature and my iTunes problem went away.

Steve

6. aspac

aspac New Member

iTunes won't close

I have the same problem - iTunes keeps hanging and will not close. How exactly do I disable the Photoshop auto feature? Cheers.

7. smeister

smeister New Member

I checked Photoshop Elements on my PC. The option "Auto Launch Adobe Photo Downloader on Device Connect" is turned off. I am still having the same problem with exiting iTunes. I haven't found an "Automatic Download" option in Elements. Am I missing something?

Steve

8. aspac

aspac New Member

Fixing iTunes

Hi All

I found the answer to my problems. I run NOD32 Eset AntiVirus and it doesn't play nicely with iTunes latest versions. If you check the following link and follow the instructions you should find that iTunes will close properly - at least it does for me now.:cool:
    http://www.eset.com/support/kb.php?option=com_kb&Itemid=29&page=articles&articleid=760

9. smeister

smeister New Member

That fixed my problem also. I'm running Nod32 ver 2.7. I excluded the iTunes.exe from IMON scanning and the problem went away. Thanks very much. I've been looking for this solution for months.