iTunes 8.0.1 is now avail

lady_bugz22

Bronze
Jun 13, 2008
DFW, TX
iTunes 8.0.1 improves stability and performance and provides a number of important bug fixes, including:

• Seamlessly plays the current song when creating a new Genius playlist.
• Improves syncing spoken menus to iPod nano.
• Addresses an issue of deleting HD TV episodes when downloading.
• Improves checking for updates from the App Store
• Improves accessibility with VoiceOver.
• Addresses problems syncing Genius results to iPod.

lady_bugz22

Bronze
Jun 13, 2008
DFW, TX
I guess I need to type a lil faster next time. Sorry for the dup thread.:)

Last edited by a moderator:

jarofclay73

Zealot
Gold
Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
I guess I need to type a lil faster next time. Sorry for the dup thread.:)
No worries. People do that ALL the time!

I got my iTunes 8.0.1. I noticed that my apps that need updating showed up automatically with those numbers. Usually, I have to click on Update Apps to even see the numbers. Much better.

rod4soonrs

Bronze
Jan 27, 2008
Edmond, OK
I tried to download it, it says problem with installer package? I deleted it, tried to reinstall, and same thing, now I have no iTunes, help please! I'm on Windows by the way.

lady_bugz22

Bronze
Jun 13, 2008
DFW, TX
I tried to download it, it says problem with installer package? I deleted it, tried to reinstall, and same thing, now I have no iTunes, help please! I'm on Windows by the way.

Try downloading it directly from Apple's website.

I was having problems too. I had to go to Tools, manuallly download it, then after it was done manually install it.

rod4soonrs

Bronze
Jan 27, 2008
Edmond, OK
Try downloading it directly from Apple's website.

I was having problems too. I had to go to Tools, manuallly download it, then after it was done manually install it.
I uninstalled it, downloaded it from Apple, but it says windows installer has something missing and can't open it?

iHero

Bronze
Aug 7, 2008
Washington State
codyjk.com
I'll run software update when I get home today, I am having problems with Genius on my touch I hope this fixes it.

lady_bugz22

Bronze
Jun 13, 2008
DFW, TX
Neither have I because I don't want those pesky ads telling me what I can't live without and need to buy.:p
You can hide the genius sidebar so you don't see what they suggest to buy and it still makes a playlist with the music you already have.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Duh. Even though it was :p I never really thought of that. I might just have to give it a try. Really does seem like an easy way to make a playlist.

jarofclay73

Zealot
Gold
Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
No problems installing 8.0.1. I am running Windows XP. And I have a 16GB white iPhone 3G. My XP is also upgraded to SP3.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I actually despite making playlists. I feel as if it takes too much time and I will never be satisfied by what I add into it. I'm giving Genius a try when I get back from the mall later, hopefully it's a pleasant experience.