iTunes 8.2.1 removed Cellular Data settings.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Like the title states. No biggie, but Cellular Data Network settings are gone. Not that I was getting mms anyway. I still, however, have the option to turn on/off MMS in the Messages settings.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Look under profiles on the phone, if the profile for AT&T tethering is still there, then it should still work. if it's gone, the option might appear under network, but it will disappear when you try to launch it.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Look under profiles on the phone, if the profile for AT&T tethering is still there, then it should still work. if it's gone, the option might appear under network, but it will disappear when you try to launch it.
How do I find 'profiles', Hawk?

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Settings, general, Profiles-located under International (as in the next item down).
If you did the online version of tethering setup (and probably any other way as well) then there should be a profile in there for tethering. Same location as the profiles for beta testing software. If you don't see one, go try and activate tethering. You don't have to be connected to launch it. If the settings are gone from profiles, it will disappear when you try to use it. That's how you remove the settings in the first place. If iTunes is doing it, then they are getting pressure from AT&T about it.