iTunes 8 Shows incorrect Apps Amount

thehotrod

Bronze
Jul 30, 2008
I like the new usage bar in iTunes 8. When I first started using 8, it worked perfectly and showed that I have about 970mb of applications installed. Today I just noticed that it only said 45mb, but all of my apps still worked?

It was un-jailbroke and I started that process today, which after using quickpwn on my 2.1 3g, it locked up. so a fresh restore, fresh jailbreak, and fresh resync of all my stuff and the Apps usage is back to normal. But I wonder why this happened and what I can do to prevent it.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Hmm. I haven't experienced this issue myself nor have I read of many others experiencing the same thing. It might have just been a glitch within iTunes to display the incorrect file sizes. If all of your apps were working correctly then I would just attribute it to an error in reading the file size.

jarofclay73

Zealot
Gold
Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
My apps bar has been changing for no particular reason. It goes back to the old orange 640MB bar sometimes. Just as long as everything works fine. But, perhaps this feature is a bit unstable right now.