iTunes 9.1 and iPhone Safe Mode

KrakaJap

Zealot
Gold
Jul 7, 2009
IL
Has anyone else been experiencing lots of Safe Mode warnings on the iPhone (jailbroken) after browsing the iPhone settings in the latest iTunes (9.1)?

KrakaJap

Zealot
Gold
Jul 7, 2009
IL
It's strange... I'll browse off into the AppStore or Music, then go back to the phone and bam... Safe Mode. :) But once I restart the iPhone I can go back into iTunes (phone settings) just fine until I again browse out of the phone settings and then back in.

BrownGem

Zealot
Gold
Feb 27, 2009
Texas
There is a warning...and a fix on this issue but jb'ed 3.1.2 (tethered) devices. Are you tethered? The info is on Redmond Pie.

KrakaJap

Zealot
Gold
Jul 7, 2009
IL
There is a warning...and a fix on this issue but jb'ed 3.1.2 (tethered) devices. Are you tethered? The info is on Redmond Pie.
Awesome! I think that worked! :) Thanks a bunch

I wasn't sure if I was tethered or not... I used blackra1n to jb but I don't have to use it to boot the phone if the phone shuts off or the battery dies.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
There's more information on this here.

Awesome! I think that worked! :) Thanks a bunch

I wasn't sure if I was tethered or not... I used blackra1n to jb but I don't have to use it to boot the phone if the phone shuts off or the battery dies.
In that case, you have the old bootrom and a non-tethered jailbreak.

Last edited by a moderator:

KrakaJap

Zealot
Gold
Jul 7, 2009
IL
There's more information on this here.

In that case, you have the old bootrom and a non-tethered jailbreak.
So then this little issue is not limited to the tethered jb as assumed by the Redmond Pie article. Oh well... at least I'm fixed now :)

Last edited by a moderator: