iTunes Account Question

Mar 13, 2008
Tulsa, OK
Sorry if this has been posted previously, but I can't find anything.

My issue is as follows. I had a V1 iPhone until June of this year and purchased the 3gs. I gave my V1 phone to my son and set up his account on both iTunes and ATT. I have my account set up on my laptop and set his up on his mother's laptop. When I set up the account, iTunes asked for a credit card number for the account and I gave the number, as I have on mine, however, he basically has instant access to purchase any app he wants, and I don't really want that temptation in front of him constantly. I can live with it if I have to, but thought there might be some way to avoid this and allow him to work for iTunes prepaid cards for purchases.

Can anyone explain to me how I go about allowing only purchases I authorize to be downloaded to his iPhone rather than just instant access? Sorry for the noob sounding question, but I haven't really done anything within the iTunes account prior to this.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Settings-General-Restrictions

You can set up certain allowances for you son to choose. Other than that, then i'm interested in other ways :)

Mar 13, 2008
Tulsa, OK
Thanks iPhone warrior. That was simple enough to give me more peace of mind.