iTunes Album Art Help?

vtecryder00

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
How will I get all the album art fo my downloaded songs on iTunes so that they will ne ready for the iPhone. Any suggestions would help. Thank...

iWant

Jun 21, 2007
You could just go to amazon.com and drag the album art from there to iTunes..

Or I think iTunes has an option of looking up albums and downloading the art for you..maybe..or I might have made that up I'm not too sure.

vtecryder00

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
You could just go to amazon.com and drag the album art from there to iTunes..

Or I think iTunes has an option of looking up albums and downloading the art for you..maybe..or I might have made that up I'm not too sure.
Do I have 2 do that for all my song. because that will take forever. Anything automactically configures itself.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
How will I get all the album art fo my downloaded songs on iTunes so that they will ne ready for the iPhone. Any suggestions would help. Thank...

If you've gotten all your songs from iTunes or from your own CD collection it's not a problem. You just open iTunes and click:

Advanced>Get Album Art

and it does it all for you.

Unfortunately though, if you've gotten your music through p2p programs like Limewire or Morpheus, then the album and artist names will be all messed up and iTunes won't recognize them to add the album art. You'll then be forced to look up the songs and albums on Amazon.com and copy and paste the album art into iTunes. It'll work, but it'll take a loooooong time. It took me two days and i've only got about 3 GB of music.

Best thing to do is buy everything through iTunes or import your music from your own CDs, but if you still want to use limewire or something else, then you need to get the album art and track info correct at the time you download it. In other words don't let it build up again.;)

vtecryder00

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
If you've gotten all your songs from iTunes or from your own CD collection it's not a problem. You just open iTunes and click:

Advanced>Get Album Art

Unfortunately though, if you've gotten your music through p2p programs like Limewire or Morpheus, then the album and artist names will be all messed up and iTunes won't recognize them to add the album art. You'll then be forced to look up the songs and albums on Amazon.com and copy and paste the album art into iTunes. It'll work, but it'll take a loooooong time. It took me two days and i've only got about 3 GB of music.

Best thing to do is buy everything through iTunes or import your music from your own CDs, but if you still want to use limewire or something else, then you need to get the album art and track info correct at the time you download it. In other words don't let it build up again.;)
So you mean just type in the correct album name in iTunes where it saids "album?"

vtecryder00

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
Can someone post up step by step instructions to getting the album artwork please? thank you

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
So you mean just type in the correct album name in iTunes where it saids "album?"
Try the help and support on the iTunes site. They can walk you through the process of all the little inaccuracies that can cause the album art not to show up.

vtecryder00

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
Try the help and support on the iTunes site. They can walk you through the process of all the little inaccuracies that can cause the album art not to show up.
I downloaded all my songs from Limewire. Only some has album art. I justt need step by step to getting the rest of them.

radbrent

Bronze
Jun 15, 2007
Type in the album. Then right click the song and click "Get album art" (for iTunes)

And if iTunes has the album it will sync the art to it.!

:]

iWant

Jun 21, 2007

Advanced>Get Album Art

So I didn't make that up!

I thought iTunes did something like that..good to know that I still am somewhat sane.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I downloaded all my songs from Limewire. Only some has album art. I justt need step by step to getting the rest of them.
The best way to do it is to list your songs in iTunes alphabetically by album name. Go down the list selecting each song. Each one that doesn't have album art, then you'll have to open a browser to amazon.com. select music and search for that album name. Find the album and then right click on the album art on the amazon page. Then go back to iTunes and right click on the album art space and paste the album art right there.

You've got a lot of work to do. If all your stuff came from limewire you could be working around the clock for two or three days. It took me two days around the clock almost to do it.