iTunes and 3G iPhone help

fyouhataz

Sep 12, 2007
ok well recently i bought my 3g iPhone about 5 days ago. and well i made a bunch of ringtones and downloaded some apps and stuff. and then yesterday when i turned on my imac and clicked on iTunes all my music and ringtones and apps where gone.... i got all my music back but i don't know how to get my ringtones back.....

btw my iPhone is backed up onto my imac....

so can some 1 help me get my ringtones back onto my mac so i don't have to go and make them all over again? please

fyouhataz

Sep 12, 2007
click on your ringtones tab in iTunes and make sure they are all checked
all the ringtones on my iTunes were deleted so there not in my iTunes there on my iPhone but if i sync my iPhone wit my imac the ringtones on my iPhone will get deleted

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Were they only deleted from your iTunes or from your computer as well? You might still be able to find them within the Ringtones folder if they are still on the computer. There are also methods of retrieving information from your iPhone/iPod but it often requires 3rd party software or other alternatives.

You could also try the steps on this page:
http://www.destraynor.com/serendipity/index.php?/archives/26-How-to-get-music-off-your-iPod.html
I have never done it myself, but it might be worth a try.

fyouhataz

Sep 12, 2007
Were they only deleted from your iTunes or from your computer as well? You might still be able to find them within the Ringtones folder if they are still on the computer. There are also methods of retrieving information from your iPhone/iPod but it often requires 3rd party software or other alternatives.

You could also try the steps on this page:
http://www.destraynor.com/serendipity/index.php?/archives/26-How-to-get-music-off-your-iPod.html
I have never done it myself, but it might be worth a try.
Well at the time I lost everything off iTunes and looked around in my finder for the files and they weren't there I used a iPod software to get the song from my iPod onto my iTunes library but all the ringtones aren't anywhere to be found. Is there a iPhone software to add ringtones from iPhone back onto iTunes library?

kevlar08

Zealot
Gold
Jul 3, 2008
Colorado
Well at the time I lost everything off iTunes and looked around in my finder for the files and they weren't there I used a iPod software to get the song from my iPod onto my iTunes library but all the ringtones aren't anywhere to be found. Is there a iPhone software to add ringtones from iPhone back onto iTunes library?
im sure there is, the trick is finding one