iTunes and 3G

LeXi

Dec 15, 2008
Just joined ab it ago and am already going to ask my first question...

I have a 3G 8GB iPhone on T-Mobile with firmware 2.1 and a Gevrey sim card, when I go into iTunes it tells me the card is unsupported. My question is that is there a iTunes older version I can use so it is easy to sync to my phone?

ess_bee

Bronze
Dec 16, 2008
UK
Just joined ab it ago and am already going to ask my first question...

I have a 3G 8GB iPhone on T-Mobile with firmware 2.1 and a Gevrey sim card, when I go into iTunes it tells me the card is unsupported. My question is that is there a iTunes older version I can use so it is easy to sync to my phone?

Does iTunes recognize your iPhone with no sim installed?

Last edited by a moderator:

LeXi

Dec 15, 2008
I bought this phone used and it had an ATT sim in it, when I have that sim in I can sync with iTunes, when I have my T-mobile sim I cannot sync and when I have the t-mobile and turbo sim piggybacked I cannot sync. So I was thinking maybe there is an older version of iTunes that will work with my T-mobile and turbo sim, maybe not.

LeXi

glsda

Zealot
Gold
Oct 17, 2007
California
I think you are out of luck. It is my understanding that the AT&T sim card is the only one that will allow you to sync with iTunes. It doesn't have anything to do with the version of iTunes you are using. If one of the Genius s reads you inquiry they will be able to answer for certain

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Even if you find an old version of iTunes to download, 7.x for instance, you will be forced to update to the latest version. I am facing the same problem and I also use the Gevey 3G but on firmware 2.2 (used PwnageTool 2.2 to jailbreak) so my baseband wouldn't get updated or the Gevey will stop working and will give you No Signal. I am afraid the only choice is to insert your AT&T sim every time in order to sync, or just remove the sim cards from the phone and sync (not sure if that works, but people say it does).

icemanplh

Dec 17, 2008
missouri
the the 3g has no been ulocked by the dev-team yet so your out of luck for right now you can only use the att sim or another option is called turbosim you can get them off ebay for $20 or so and that wrks well ive heard