iTunes cannot read iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Basavesh

Dec 1, 2007
Hi all,

I bought a 1.1.1 iPhone and using(in India) it with Airtel by unlocking it with AnySim1.1.
> To put anything on to my iPhone, it has to be done using iTunes. But when I plug in the USB cable with iPhone on to my comp, iTunes says "iTunes cannot read iPhone "^1". "
Note: I use Windows XP.

> Some one told me to use iBrickr instead, but it seems it(iBrickr_ver_0.91) does'nt work for 1.1.1. (this is also mentioned on iBrickr site).

Someone please tell me what can I do to get iTunes detect my iPhone.
Or do we have any other application which can access iPhone.

There surely is a way out of this I guess...

fahad20

Oct 3, 2007
Hi all,

I bought a 1.1.1 iPhone and using(in India) it with Airtel by unlocking it with AnySim1.1.
> To put anything on to my iPhone, it has to be done using iTunes. But when I plug in the USB cable with iPhone on to my comp, iTunes says "iTunes cannot read iPhone "^1". "
Note: I use Windows XP.

> Some one told me to use iBrickr instead, but it seems it(iBrickr_ver_0.91) does'nt work for 1.1.1. (this is also mentioned on iBrickr site).

Someone please tell me what can I do to get iTunes detect my iPhone.
Or do we have any other application which can access iPhone.

There surely is a way out of this I guess...
1) Restart both your comp n iPhone n thn try...
2) Try connecting your iPhone to som oder comp/laptop....
3) if all dis doesnot work then try this last option,restore your iPhone in iTunes to 1.1.1 n then activate/unlock.

Basavesh

Dec 1, 2007
Thanks for the reply

I tried these but with no success.

Steps 1, 2 didnot work. Finally tried restoring it with iTunes(7.4.1.2). iTunes says "iPhone cannot be restored".
First I tried (shift + restore) and pointed to 1.1.1 firmware, nothing happened(not even any error message).
Then I tried restore, iTunes downloaded the 1.1.2 firmware and installed. After the progress bar completed it said "iPhone cannot be restored".

Please suggest if any other methods or any links where I can get some more information.

fahad20

Oct 3, 2007
Thanks for the reply

I tried these but with no success.

Steps 1, 2 didnot work. Finally tried restoring it with iTunes(7.4.1.2). iTunes says "iPhone cannot be restored".
First I tried (shift + restore) and pointed to 1.1.1 firmware, nothing happened(not even any error message).
Then I tried restore, iTunes downloaded the 1.1.2 firmware and installed. After the progress bar completed it said "iPhone cannot be restored".

Please suggest if any other methods or any links where I can get some more information.
Dude did u try restoring in recovery mode(hoding down power+home button)?...because if u dnt do it dis way u wil get errors...

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
Try with an up-to-date iTunes 7.5

Apple does release new versions of software to fix bugs. If you're using old software, you're potentially encountering old bugs.

Basavesh

Dec 1, 2007
Dude did u try restoring in recovery mode(hoding down power+home button)?...because if u dnt do it dis way u wil get errors...

And now it has got locked badly and doesnot jailbreak.

I did the restore in recovery mode(hoding down power+home button). There were no errors after the restore.
It rebooted to go to the "Activate iPhone" screen. Now I had to jailbreak it as done earlier when newly bought.

I did all the *3001#12345#* and *#307# stuff.
Finally clicked on Install AppSnap, the safari crashed as expected and went back to the "Activate iPhone" screen, but "slide to unlock" animation never comes. It remains in the slide for emergency screen.

Now its just a pile of electronics(atleast it was working as a phone earlier).

So what can be done now.

Shall I go and restore(hoding down power+home button) it again and restore(Shift + restore) the 1.1.2 firmware.

guys help me out of this pleaseeeeeeeeeeee....

Basavesh

Dec 1, 2007
**if iPhone doesnot reboot by itself after safari crashes(wait 5 secs to 2 mins)then do it manully n see IF slide to unlock appears.
ALL THE BEST!
You are right fahad.
It did work on the second attempt. A big sigh of relief.
But one thing surprised me.
I had lost all my data on the iPhone which was expected but I didnot have to unlock again with AnySim1.1. It also remembered the recent URLs(on safari, when I type "sh" it gives me the full URL "sharekhan.com")
Now it connects to iTunes and I can sync anything on to my iPhone.

Now I would like to upgrade to the 1.1.2 and try out a lot many things.
Can surely expect some new problems.

Thanks for all those who replied.

Chris716

Nov 29, 2007
IL
congrats on getting it fixed i had similar situation last night had to unistall iTunes then reinstall it then restart cpu and it started working...

truehybridx

Bronze
Oct 31, 2007
well i have the same type of problem n it ticks me off. i have a use phone unlocked for tmobile 1.1.2 and itll sync some songs then quits
the same happened when i had 1.1.1 on it... and im left to having to unplug and sync unplug and sync bout 50times til i get everything on there but then some of my songs are broken from where it just stops

ive tried everything, uninstalling iTunes, whipping everythign iTunes off my comp, whipping everything iTunes off my phone.... anything else i didn't do?