iTunes - changes

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by ivantwilliams, Dec 29, 2012.

1. ivantwilliams

ivantwilliams Evangelist
    Gold

Not sure why, but I'm finding it rather difficult to get used to iTunes 11.
    It was the same with 10, and here we are with 11, too. I don't mind change in software etc. But somethings I think should simply be left alone.

Anyone else?

PS: I didn't see a forum for iTunes, hence I posted it here.

2. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

Thread moved to the iTunes section.

Navi, I like the new look, it's streamlined and TBH it's much quicker than it was before. But they have moved a few things around and I have found myself googling for answers. It can be annoying having to re-learn something.

3. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

There were many who were complaining that iTunes was getting too bloated. I'm not saying it underwent liposuction for iTunes 11--it's still a Jack-of-all-Trades, BUT, I would say that it was and continues to be Master of Many, if not all, of those trades. However, it was time for a facelift, for better or worse. This is just the way things go in the Apple world. Look at OS X - it's constantly borrowing more and more features from iOS. Another example, the Lightning connector for iPhone 5. Sure, the old one was working june fine. But Apple has to focus on change, even if this particular move just gave them a couple of extra cubic millimeters to put other stuff in/reduce the size of the phone. Also look at the iMac--I'm perfectly happy with my 27-inch Late 2009 model and its form factor. It's not even terribly heavy. And I am perfectly happy having an optical drive in it, and Apple is aggressively trying to kill off optical, as they have much to gain from its demise. It's a fact of life, and one that Apple brass is embracing.

4. ivantwilliams

ivantwilliams Evangelist
    Gold

It didn't help that j was 'rushing' to sync my iPhone and iPad.

I've added the left side panel, thus revealing more options and hence looking a little like version 9.0 :)

Sent from the 'Smart-thing' in my hand using Tapatalk