iTunes "Check for Updates" never finds updates

brian5

Jul 15, 2008
CT, USA
Anyone else experiencing this? I'm running WinXP.

This "Check for Updates" options in iTunes used to work for me but has not worked for the last 5 days. It never shows any updates.

I now have to browse the App Store, by Release Date, every day to look for new updates for my applications and get the updates that way.

Mods, can you move my post to iPhone Apps Store forum. Thanks

showguy

Silver
Dec 2, 2007
Long Island, NY
If you check for updates through iTunes on the tool bar it will only check for updates to the iTunes software itself, not apps. If you use "check for updates" on iTunes for the iPhone it will only check for iPhone software or firmware updates.

When you turn on iTunes if there are updates to your "APPS" they will appear (as a number) next to the APPS button on iTunes.

brian5

Jul 15, 2008
CT, USA
If you check for updates through iTunes on the tool bar it will only check for updates to the iTunes software itself, not apps. If you use "check for updates" on iTunes for the iPhone it will only check for iPhone software or firmware updates.

When you turn on iTunes if there are updates to your "APPS" they will appear (as a number) next to the APPS button on iTunes.
I'm talking about the "Check for Updates" button that is in the bottom right on the Applications page in iTunes (the page that shows all my apps). That used to find updates (until a couple of days ago).