iTunes compromised through AT&T? possibly

May 28, 2009
I received an email on my iPhone stating this "Hello umm I have an iPhone and your logged in to my iTunes account. Im new to the whole iPhone thing that's why I can't log u out. I don't want to use your account. So if u can call me at ***-***-**** or give me detailed instructions on how I can log u out. Sorry for all of this. please get back 2 me as soon as possible." So I call this guy and he sounds legit. I;ve not been able to find any info on this happening before. I immediately went to iTunes and changed my password. Will this do any good and what should I do. Should I go through iTunes support or AT&T support? Thanks....

kenneth

Zealot
Gold
Aug 19, 2008
Texas
I received an email on my iPhone stating this "Hello umm I have an iPhone and your logged in to my iTunes account. Im new to the whole iPhone thing that's why I can't log u out. I don't want to use your account. So if u can call me at ***-***-**** or give me detailed instructions on how I can log u out. Sorry for all of this. please get back 2 me as soon as possible." So I call this guy and he sounds legit. I;ve not been able to find any info on this happening before. I immediately went to iTunes and changed my password. Will this do any good and what should I do. Should I go through iTunes support or AT&T support? Thanks....
the only thing that i can think of is that you sold one of your phones or had one replaced maybe? If not then that is weird and something that I haven't heard of.

Adam1389

Silver
Nov 20, 2008
Ilwaco, WA
I would contact iTunes support. Make sure your phone and computer are the only ones authorized on your account, and recommend this guy do the same.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
I had this happen to me one time with a xbox 360 parts website. I had been there before but I googled the name because I wasn't sure of the exact address.

SO I get ready to check out and I see the ship to address is someplace I have never heard of.

So I edit the guys mailing address to say

Please contact me at wjp09 aim
I got logged into your account
we need to fix this :)

Then the next day I was in a chat with the guy and a tech from the site lol