iTunes Coverflow problem

jay12

Oct 18, 2007
im having a small problem with an album i put on my phone.. when i load the playlist on to my phone it separates the tracks in to two albums.. same cover but three of the songs go under one cover and the rest go under the other cover.. i tried changing the tracklist order, making sure they all have the same artist name and album name and reuploading but its still splits in to two.. was wondering if anyone knew why.. thanks

GSA190

Bronze
Oct 29, 2007
New York
I have this same problem on iTunes. I have a lot of O.A.R. songs and they are separated into 6 different album covers.

kcarr91

Bronze
Apr 14, 2007
this has happened to me what you have to do is check if they are spelled exactly the same

for example a space, period, or a capitol, it will start a new album

if you cannot figure it out just copy and paste one of them with the same name on the other ones

GSA190

Bronze
Oct 29, 2007
New York
this has happened to me what you have to do is check if they are spelled exactly the same

for example a space, period, or a capitol, it will start a new album

if you cannot figure it out just copy and paste one of them with the same name on the other ones
Ive done that for about 10 minutes and still their are 6 different album covers.

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
Ive done that for about 10 minutes and still their are 6 different album covers.
If what you are doing hasn't worked, highlight all the songs you want to be on the same album, click "get info," put a check mark in the box at the bottom that says "compilation."

plasmo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
Check the "Compliation" box after highlighting all of the files you want to group together.

I also use the program "Tag&Rename" which is very useful to ensure all your song Tags and CoverArt is correct (it has a cool search function to match the titles of the mp3s to amazon.com's library and pulls the coverart from their site)
http://www.softpointer.com/tr.htm

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
Check the "Compliation" box after highlighting all of the files you want to group together.

I also use the program "Tag&Rename" which is very useful to ensure all your song Tags and CoverArt is correct (it has a cool search function to match the titles of the mp3s to amazon.com's library and pulls the coverart from their site)
http://www.softpointer.com/tr.htm
I also use T&R...great program, but also had the coverflow problems mentioned here. When I first got my iPhone, everything showed up in coverflow as it was supposed to do. I don't know what happened, but then it stopped.

jay12

Oct 18, 2007
thanks for all the replies.. ill try checking the compilation box when i get home.. i know its a minor problem.. its just bugging me cause i can figure it out! :laugh2:

jwhcowan

Jul 5, 2007
Album Artist

I had the same issue last week, and it turned out that one song did not have:

Album Artist (not the Artist or the Name)

Check that matches too.....

Finally, did you try adding new artwork to all songs at the same time manually? Perhaps the actual JPG is different?