iTunes deleted my songs please help

May 23, 2008
i got home and hooked my iPod touch to my comp i open it up and all of my music movies and vids are gone but yet it still says that there is 6 gigs of stuff on my ipod if someone can help me wit my problem like telling me if i can put all my songs bak on my iPod touch and how i can do it thank you for reading and please help me out thanks

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
i got home and hooked my iPod touch to my comp i open it up and all of my music movies and vids are gone but yet it still says that there is 6 gigs of stuff on my ipod if someone can help me wit my problem like telling me if i can put all my songs bak on my iPod touch and how i can do it thank you for reading and please help me out thanks
Was your library completely deleted from your computer as well? If a PC, you may want to look in the recycle bin.

You say there is still 6gb of data on your iPod. Can you access this content from the iPod menus?

If you can't access the content, but the files are on your computer, you may want to restore.

Are you jailbroken?

May 23, 2008
Was your library completely deleted from your computer as well? If a PC, you may want to look in the recycle bin.

You say there is still 6gb of data on your iPod. Can you access this content from the iPod menus?

If you can't access the content, but the files are on your computer, you may want to restore.

Are you jailbroken?
well i am jailbroken but i don't think i have 6 gigs of apps. i also don't have all my songs on my comp because i get most of my songs frm my friends my friend was telling me that the comp automatically creates a backup of your ipod but i dunno if thats true

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
You can only sync the iPod with one library at a time. if you downloaded the media files on your friend's computer, iTunes won't let you transfer the content of your device to your new computer unless you are using the iPod as a flash storage device (not iPod mode). On your computer, you are probably getting the message that you will need to sync your device with the library on that computer. Doing so, will erase all of your iPod's content.

May 23, 2008
You can only sync the iPod with one library at a time. if you downloaded the media files on your friend's computer, iTunes won't let you transfer the content of your device to your new computer unless you are using the iPod as a flash storage device (not iPod mode). On your computer, you are probably getting the message that you will need to sync your device with the library on that computer. Doing so, will erase all of your iPod's content.

o ok thanks

arsenyank

Jul 22, 2008
Ok Eragon you seem bright enough heres one for you...All I did was to plug my ipod Touch to my pc...the next message said that it had to sync some apps I downloaded to the touch with my pc...no biggie...after it synced all the music and movies on the iPod touch were gone...I didn't hit any delete nor did it give me any messages why. All the music and video on the iPod touch are gone! Should I try some kind of recovery application?

blackflag

Jul 31, 2008
Ok Eragon you seem bright enough heres one for you...All I did was to plug my ipod Touch to my pc...the next message said that it had to sync some apps I downloaded to the touch with my pc...no biggie...after it synced all the music and movies on the iPod touch were gone...I didn't hit any delete nor did it give me any messages why. All the music and video on the iPod touch are gone! Should I try some kind of recovery application?

I had the same problem twice and I'm also looking for a solution. The first time I completely restored my ipod touch. I am hunting for a more friendly solution. Good luck

daddyd302

Bronze
Jul 13, 2008
Same thing, glad I'm not the only one. For some reason, some of my apps vanished on my iPhone but it's still in itune. Now my songs as of yesterday just vanished and I don't recall ever changing itune to take it off my iPhone. My iPhone tells me I have no songs, podcast or videos, yet the phone only has 5G left[out of 16G], so why is the phone's memory being use but no songs, podcast or videos? I had to resort to restore to fix this problem.

Feb 26, 2009
same happened to me

i synced my iPod touch, and about ten of the 20 songs i purchased on my iPod touch were erased

Mar 22, 2009
Each time I sync my iPod touch with updated/new music I uploaded from my pc it ellimates my entire library on my iTunes and all I'm left with is the updated/new music.
My pc is running out of space and I need to delete some music files but I fear doing this as each time when I sync my iTunes it will only sync what's in my library. Advice please?

Mar 22, 2009
When a song on my iPod touch plays it sometimes starts a few seconds later. It seems like it starts the song where I left off when I previously listened to it. How do I fix this?
If I skip to the next song say, then it won't start from the beginning.
Help!

Mar 22, 2009
How do I create an iTunes backup that's quick and easy instead of backing up all music onto CD's?