iTunes displays error message

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Marcos

Bronze
Dec 19, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Bought my iPhone but my computer will not let me hook up my new iPhone with iTunes, displays this message "iTunes could not connect to the iPhone because of an unknown error occurred (OXE000001)" Ive done everything Apple support has told me to do and nothing. I even relaunched iTunes and nothing! Please help, im becoming very frustrated because I cant sync music to my iPhone.

:mad:!

Marcos

Bronze
Dec 19, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Bought my iPhone but my computer will not let me hook up my new iPhone with iTunes, displays this message "iTunes could not connect to the iPhone because of an unknown error occurred (OXE000001)" Ive done everything Apple support has told me to do and nothing. I even relaunched iTunes and nothing! Please help, im becoming very frustrated because I cant sync music to my iPhone.

vert

Dec 15, 2007
try reinstalling iTunes, and maybe using another usb port? the port might be your problem

if nothing works try connecting it to another computer.

ally fu

Dec 4, 2007
I'd agree, try reinstalling iTunes as this happened to me and it worked fine after a reinstall.

Another thing you might not have tried ... Sometimes my iTunes won't recognize my phone, but if I shut down my Mac, put the phone in the dock then restart the Mac with the phone already connected, it works fine then.

Worth a shot?

Marcos

Bronze
Dec 19, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Well I already reinstalled iTunes and nothing. I also tried all 4 usb ports. Like I said the Mac book at the Apple store picked my iPhone when they plugged it in. I don't know what to do next.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
Well I already reinstalled iTunes and nothing. I also tried all 4 usb ports. Like I said the Mac book at the Apple store picked my iPhone when they plugged it in. I don't know what to do next.

What type of computer are you trying to use and what software?

Also if you downloaded the latest software, make sure to reboot the computer and then try to connect the phone.

vert

Dec 15, 2007
try another computer then, it might just be that your ports are not working properly or are maybe too old? does the iPhone support usb 1.1, because the cable it comes with only says usb 2.0... so it might be that your ports are of an older usb module.

Marcos

Bronze
Dec 19, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
The problem I think is that it is a custom built PC. Its about 4 years old. I have had 3 iPods with no problems with the last one being a classic. Is there anyway I can take my ipod classic and take it to another computer and upload that music to my iPhone? I have an amazing phone with no music.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
The problem I think is that it is a custom built PC. Its about 4 years old. I have had 3 iPods with no problems with the last one being a classic. Is there anyway I can take my ipod classic and take it to another computer and upload that music to my iPhone? I have an amazing phone with no music.

If you have a 4 year old computer, you will need a new USB 2.0 card for the iPhone they are about $25. The ipods will work with the old usb.

That was the problem I had and then it worked fine.

Marcos

Bronze
Dec 19, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
So you think that will fix it huh. What does the ipod classic USB does it require? because I have one and it works fine with this computer. Thanks for your help KNK

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
So you think that will fix it huh. What does the ipod classic USB does it require? because I have one and it works fine with this computer. Thanks for your help KNK

I had the iPod classic also it would work in the orig usb and even on win2000. When I got the iPhone the win2000 did not recognize the iPhone, upgraded the OS to XP PRO. Then same thing with the usb, bought it and has worked ever since.

Marcos

Bronze
Dec 19, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
I have XP Pro. Im finding out right now what type of USB card I have. My brother in law built the pc so im waiting for a call back before I buy a 2.0 card off newegg.com.

Marcos

Bronze
Dec 19, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Thanks Griffinaz, I went to the Apple store here in Chandler Mall and they didn't say anything about a 2.0 usb being the problem. Like I said im waiting to hear what type of usb port my brother in law put on this PC