iTunes does not recognize iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Sep 7, 2007
I had unlocked my phone using ANYsim..... Then, suddenly one day my iPhone stopped working with my sim carrier... So i clicked on the ANYsim once again, after a while it said "UNLOCK FAILED, COULD NOT FIND FILES TO PATCH". Then I connected my iPhone to my comp and restored it. Then I tried following the process of unlocking again... After I replaced the lockdownd file and restarted my phone, the iPhone started behaving weirdly. It took about 15 minutes to start up, then it either used to hang or used to respond to each touch after 2 minutes. People here told me to restore my phone but when I connected my iPhone to the comp, it wasn't detected.

Oct 3, 2007
I had unlocked my phone using ANYsim..... Then, suddenly one day my iPhone stopped working with my sim carrier... So i clicked on the ANYsim once again, after a while it said "UNLOCK FAILED, COULD NOT FIND FILES TO PATCH". Then I connected my iPhone to my comp and restored it. Then I tried following the process of unlocking again... After I replaced the lockdownd file and restarted my phone, the iPhone started behaving weirdly. It took about 15 minutes to start up, then it either used to hang or used to respond to each touch after 2 minutes. People here told me to restore my phone but when I connected my iPhone to the comp, it wasn't detected.

What did u do to fix this, i am having the same issue

pn.md

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
What did u do to fix this, i am having the same issue
You guys are probably on Windows. I never had this problem on my Mac. :p

But a friend has Windows and she crashed while installing AppTapp and Windows would not recognize her iPhone. Anyway, I ended having to uninstall iTunes. Then I went to Filehippo and installed iTunes 7.4.1.

http://filehippo.com/download_iTunes/?3161

Also, installing a new iTunes via Apple's iTunes installer did NOT work! Had to use full version from filehippo.

BTW- You can sync after new installation and your contacts... will still be there