iTunes doesn't see my mini now

Colin

Bronze
Dec 25, 2007
A couple of days ago, I removed all the songs from my Mini that I haven't used in a long time. Today I tired to plug it in and Windows and iTunes make the "connection sound' but iTunes doesn't list the device. I've tried 4 of the 5 "R"s, ie, switched the hold button back and forth, reset the Ipod, Restarted the computer, Moved the USB plug, but haven't reinstalled the software.

I'm on the latest version of iTunes and the iPhone is recognized fine and the iPod was recognized a few days ago. Any thoughts? My wife is going on a trip on Sunday and I want to load up some music. Any help would be appreciated

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
put it in disk mode (menu+center then immediately after boot, play+center)

then try it.

I had an iPod mini 6gb + hp and it was working with iTunes 7.6

Colin

Bronze
Dec 25, 2007
If I'm in the 'disc mode' I can add songs, if I take it out of disc mode, iTunes doesn't see it again. I'm currently adding music, then I'll take it out of disc mode and see if it works better after a new sync.

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
when your wife gets back or whatever, I do suggest restoring the iPod that way, through disc mode

Colin

Bronze
Dec 25, 2007
when your wife gets back or whatever, I do suggest restoring the iPod that way, through disc mode
Hey, I'm pretty sure she's coming back.....:eek: Anyway, I did restore the iPod to original factory settings before I unplugged it so hopefully it will be fine from here on in....