iTunes error message

1. Tug Member Silver

As many of you know Im new to the world of jailbreaking but I've been doing quite a bit of reading and am getting a better grasp on it. Im currently trying to downgrade from IOS 6.0.1 to 5.0.1 through iTunes. I've downloaded Restore ipsw 3,3_5.1.1.1_9b206 but whenever I try to restore iTunes goes through the process of extracting the software I receive the error message "The iPhone could not be restored, this device is not eligible for the requested build". Can anyone give me some insight as to what Im doing wrong? I've already succeeded at J/Bing my phone with IOS 6.0 but it ran "buggy" so I'd like to restore IOS 5.1.1. Thanks, Tug

2. fijiman Contributor Silver

You need to have saved your SHSH blobs....if you want to restore to 5.x.x

3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. Tug Member Silver

Thanks Fijiman, when i had cydia installed the phone was showing that i had 5.1.1 saved on their server. When I tried to rejailbreak after upgrading to 6.0.1 using redsn0w i saved 5.1.1 but Im still receiving the same error.

5. fijiman Contributor Silver

Don't use iTunes.... Just use the new redsn0w to do the restore.

6. ring0_event Member Bronze

Did you save your APTickets and SHSH blobs using redsn0w? This guide shows how you had to do have done that for you to downgrade a non A5 device to 5.x.x. I *THINK* that JUST saving SHSH blobs without APTickets is useless. If not, I would LOVE to revert to 5.1.1, as I do have my SHSH blobs saved.
    http://cydiablog.com/1186/backup-shsh-blobs-aptickets-using-redsn0w/

7. Tug Member Silver

Sorry I meant to say I was using tiny umbrella and the program shows 5.1.1 was saved. thanks again. No OI don't think I saved my tickets and getting redsn0w to j/b 6.0.1 isn't working either. When I was previously j/b using 6.0.0 cydia was showing that I had 5.1.1 saved but didn't mention anything about my AP tickets or atleast not that Im aware of

8. ring0_event Member Bronze

Unfortunately, many times when experts talk about saving SHSH blobs, they really mean saving the blobs and the APTickets. I'm no expert, and I didn't keep up myself with jailbreaking news, so I didn't save my APTickets, hence I am now stuck on 6.0.0. I did save my APTickets for 6.0.0, though this does me little good. As a result of this whole debacle, my baseband has been upgraded and my 3gs is now LOCKED. Sucks...but that's what happens when one doesn't keep up with the latest jailbreaking news, I'm afraid.

Check out this link has some info about SHSH blobs and APTickets:

http://www.iPhoneforums.net/forum/i.../shsh-blobs-frequently-asked-questions-19986/

9. fijiman Contributor Silver

There is NO separate option to save APTickets with tinyumbrella...you click on "Save SHSH"..everything is done automatically....!

Tug .....if you have saved your SHSH blobs you can go ahead and downgrade your firmware to 5.1.1....just use redsn0w 0.9.15b3...NO iTunes required....

PS - don't forget to backup your iPhone with iTunes before starting the downgrade...

Goodluck

10. Tug Member Silver

11. ring0_event Member Bronze

OK, I could not downgrade from 6.00 to 5.1.1 myself, but I relied in Cydia to save my SHSH blobs. Was this my mistake?

EDIT:
    More to the point, when saving SHSH blobs in TU, must I have saved them using Apple as the source, or can I have used Cydia as the source? Cydia has my 5.1.1 SHSH blobs saved, so in theory can I configure TU to acquire the SHSH blobs from Cydia, and save them to disk, and revert my 3gs on 6.0.0 to 5.1.1?

12. fijiman Contributor Silver

Believe it or not....it's easy to downgrade the firmware on your iPhone..... you have saved your SHSH blobs via Cydia....ok..... what model iPhone do you have...?

13. ring0_event Member Bronze

I have a 3gs, new boot rom. I've tried downgrading from 6.0.0 to 5.1.1 many, many times, using redsnow, but I could never get it to work. Are you saying that TU can *at this time* save both SHSH blobs (saved on Cydia) and APTickets, so that I can successfuly downgrade to 5.1.1?

14. fijiman Contributor Silver

Can you outline the steps you used to downgrade your firmware from 6.x.x to 5.1.1...?

15. ring0_event Member Bronze

I had generated a firmware image file using pnage tool (preserves my baseband, lost now), and tried to restore first with iTunes, and then with redsnow. I kept on getting a 2601 error either way. I referenced by SHSH blobs using the remote option in redsnow, IIRC.

I think this summarizes the redsnow aspect:
    http://www.idownloadblog.com/2012/05/11/downgrade-iphone-4s-ipad-2-new-ipad-3-redsn0w-0-9-11b/

Of course, as it was very late, and I was increasingly desperate, I probably made some bad error at some point, and finally I had to restore to 6.0.0, where I have been marooned ever since.

Do you believe it's possible for me to restore to 5.1.1 now? Cydia has my SHSH blobs saved.

NOTE: I used redsnow version 0.9.15b2. It seems there has been a fix...(yes I'm on Windows)
    Update #2 (Nov 1): Version 0.9.15b3 fixes the redsn0w “error 2601” that Windows users were seeing using the Restore button. It also fixes a related Windows iTunes error 14 for stitched files. Note that if you have a baseband, you should probably avoid stitching and simply use redsn0w’s native Restore (not iTunes).