iTunes gift card - can I use it from the WiFi store?

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
The only real way I can stand browsing the iTunes store is with the iPhone on wifi. I got a gift card for Christmas and was wondering if I could use the gift card somehow with the wifi music store. Does anyone know of a way? How does the card get used, does it add to your iTunes account balance and then your purchases draw out of that? Or is it a special function of iTunes on a computer? I have windows vista and 7.5

Thanks in advance

Sdegelia

Dec 25, 2007
Yeah you can

EDIT: Sorry didn't read the whole post. Just click the redeem button when you're on the iTunes music store on your computer and enter the code to put money on your Apple account. Then you can either buy stuff off it from your PC or your iPhone.

a noobstar

Bronze
Dec 30, 2007
The only real way I can stand browsing the iTunes store is with the iPhone on wifi. I got a gift card for Christmas and was wondering if I could use the gift card somehow with the wifi music store. Does anyone know of a way? How does the card get used, does it add to your iTunes account balance and then your purchases draw out of that? Or is it a special function of iTunes on a computer? I have windows vista and 7.5

Thanks in advance
haha well I'm glad you can only stand the store wifi...its actaully impossible to view on edge..you must be on wifi, anyways its simple you just add the money to your iTunes account on your computer from the store under redeem code, money is added to your account, then on your iPhone sign into your account when buying your 1st song and then you'll be all set to buy as many songs as you have money. Hope this helps any more questions just post em here

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
You cannot redeem cards on the Wi-Fi store.

Go into the store on your computer, and find 'Redeem Gift Card' on the left. Click it and redeem. The value of the card will be added to your account, and that value will also be on the Wi-Fi store.

- John

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
Cool, thanks. I meant I don't like the full iTunes layout in general, I like the way it works on the iPhone. I already knew it only works on Wifi.

mad_vtak

Bronze
Dec 21, 2007
Yep, just register it on your computer and then when you log into iTunes on your iPhone you can use it. :)