iTunes gift card

lilwaters

Bronze
Dec 8, 2007
Houston, Tx
i got an iTunes gift card for xmas and i pressed the redeem button and filled everything out and registered but i forgot my registration info and cant seem to get it back...

any help? will help

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
Is there any contact info on the back of the card? I never used iTunes card before but why would they not email you the information once you register it

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
i got an iTunes gift card for xmas and i pressed the redeem button and filled everything out and registered but i forgot my registration info and cant seem to get it back...

any help? will help
Is the redeem code on the back still valid? Can you re-enter it? What registration information are you referring to? Your Apple ID? When I redeem on an authorized machine, I just go to the iTunes Store home page, select redeem and enter my code.

trnsilver

Zealot
Gold
Feb 2, 2008
Florida
Never gotten one before (used to think they were idiotic - I mean, who pays for music? hehe j/k).

Think I may get a few for my birthday coming up soon. If that's the case, how do I use one to purchase apps? Usually when you click on it, it just automatically buys it with your credit card on file. I'm sure I could figure it out if I just looked at iTunes, but I'm not home right now.

Anyone?

Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
It's easy... just go to your account in iTunes>>>Click Edit Billing Info and from there you'll see a Gift Cards and Certificates link. Click that, enter the info from the GC and whenever you make a purchase it will deduct the total from your GC before charging your CC on file.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I recently started using them after I got one from my Birthday and I love them. From your phone go to iTunes > More > Redeem > Input the code > Redeem. The credit will then show up on your account in iTunes on your computer as well as one your phone. If you have a credit card on file, it will use up the credit before starting to charge the card.

Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
Shane Watson said:
It is a problem which require a solution and I get the solution provided by MileHigh Rob. Thanks that you have shared your thought. Without it I might require more time to solve this problem.
You're welcome... glad I could help. :eek:k:eek:k

trnsilver

Zealot
Gold
Feb 2, 2008
Florida
Cool. Alas, I did not get any iTunes gift cards...but now I know to ask for them in the future. I don't like paying for apps...but would love for others to for me! :)