iTunes has detected an iPhonein Auto recovery mode?

chefj

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
I updated my iTunes after reading many posts without any problems associated to it with the new update. I got this when i started to re-install jailbreak and the whole works.

"iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode, you must restore before you are able to conntect to iTunes."

I have the auto sync turned off, have those boys in califonia installed a auto detect so we can't go into revoery mode to install the Jailbreak program?
:mad:

rinual

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
maybe i missed something,

but you cant have iTunes running while you try to run jailbreak, or any of the modding programs. you even have to make sure the iTuneshelper.exe is not running anymore.

that way when you get into the recovery mode, jailbreak is the first to respond by sending files and rebooting, instead of iTunes sending over its own file recovery system.

cfrau15

Aug 23, 2007
i'm having issues also

my iPhone won't go into recovery manually any one have any ideas?

Vpeach

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
My phone did this to me too!
I had to restore to factory default.. which sucked. I seriously thought I killed my phone. I prayed to the iPhone god while it restored. (the first time it started to restore an error window popped up saying it couldn't restore my iPhone..freaked me out!)