iTunes help..

Rylz(:

Aug 6, 2011
I apologize if this is in the wrong place but idk where to put it..
iTunes is REALLY pissing me off. It says that the security code for the credit card is not valid and it is! No matter how many times I re-do everything on the billing page, it will not work. Ugh! Someone please help me? It won't let me download anything.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
iTunes is REALLY pissing me off. It says that the security code for the credit card is not valid and it is! No matter how many times I re-do everything on the billing page, it will not work. Ugh! Someone please help me? It won't let me download anything.
I've seen wonky stuff with iTunes billing before. Other than wait a few hours and try then, I'm not sure what other options there are other than using another card. Are you using your iPhone or via your the desktop app?

Rylz(:

Aug 6, 2011
I tried on my iPod and even tried it on the computer as well.

Aug 31, 2010
Could it be that it's typed in the wrong format? (although security codes are just 3 numbers I suppose). I just remember my frustration one time when I tried to order something online and it told me again and again that my information was wrong. It ended up being because I didn't put my psychic hat on to figure out exactly what format they wanted my address in (came down to a dash or something, if I recall correctly).

Also, grasping at straws here, but are you sure the credit card hasn't been flagged by the bank? That's happened to me, and you get no information about why your credit card isn't being accepted until you go into a branch.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Did you sign in with your account on somebody else's device?

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
If it keeps happening, your best bet is to call iTunes store support, and see what they say.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Well you used to be able to.

If you can't call, then email or whatever. They're really the only ones that are going to be able to help or give any relevant information.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
They are always quick to respond by email, I saved one of their customer service people email address and always use that if I have any issues, which I have in the past.

Rylz(:

Aug 6, 2011
Humm well it works now. All o did was wait a day or two before I tried again and I jut got it to work this morning. Thanks for the help though guys