iTunes & iGadgets on Xmas Day..Lookout

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
It is very slow on the Forum today, everyone out shopping.

Well, Christmas day is here in a few days. Any bets that iTunes will be able to handle all the new people with the new gadgets to activate and sync and download movies songs etc.

Remember last Christmas, iTunes said go away we are jambed come another day.

Plus all the neewbies coming here to the forum with all the questions they need answered.

Have a Good Holiday everyone.

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
Good question! Ya know, with the recently updated iPod line, the now-price-dropped iPhone, and iTunes gift cards being given as presents, I certainly have my doubts that they'll be able to handle the load.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I expect the forums will get a boost from noobies with their new iPhones. When the RAZRs were still new back in 2005, there was a big jump on motomodders.net. Makes sense that the same thing will happen here.

csi24

Nov 22, 2007
I can be considered a newbie. I just hope I won't have to many questions. But that's what the search function is for. I'll make sure to look there before asking any questions, it's the same way at Gamespot.com's forums where I've been there for over 3 or 4 years. So I'll be sure to use the search function to try and keep the flooding down. Happy Holidays everyone:laugh2:

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
for the last 6 weeks or so Apple has been sending me at least two emails a week telling me to buy an ipod or something...

they're asking for it, they better be able to handle it.

JoeT

Silver
Dec 18, 2007
Tampa, FL
for the last 6 weeks or so Apple has been sending me at least two emails a week telling me to buy an ipod or something...

they're asking for it, they better be able to handle it.

Well, the local Apple store sure seems geared up.. Express lines with pre-packaged iPods and such and staff with wireless credit card machines to ring you up immediately... If the folks running iTunes are half as prepared then I am not worried.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
yeah, Apple has been one of the pioneers of the "linebusting" strategy for a while now... still, it didn't help them out online last year.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I too expect a load of new
people, and I'm sure OJ can handle the haters. :p

However, I'd like to be able to keep up the forum over the Holiday, and all I have is my iPhone, which I'm posting from now. I'm at my Grandparent's house, where we always go for Christmas. They do have a PC, but it had dial up connection and I don't even know what version of Windows it's running. So it's safe to say that my iPhone is faster.

Anyway, I'm 20 tomorrow, so what the heck.

- John

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch

However, I'd like to be able to keep up the forum over the Holiday, and all I have is my iPhone, which I'm posting from now. I'm at my Grandparent's house, where we always go for Christmas. They do have a PC, but it had dial up connection and I don't even know what version of Windows it's running. So it's safe to say that my iPhone is faster.

- John

What's Dial-up?

Also happy birthday.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Ah I hope iTunes doesn't get too ridiculous but I have a feeling it will. I've got about 100 song downloads yet to use so I would prefer a nice quick download time. I also think there are going to be a ton of noobs on the forum come Christmas evening. I'll be on a plane to Vegas so I'll let you all handle the influx of, "Why isn't my other speaker on the bottom working?!" and "Why can't I send MMS?!" type questions. Happy Birthday as well John.

cdinca

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
I've had my phone since launch day, and I just recently found this forum. I didn't know it existed. The MacRumors forums are where I was reading a lot, but the insane amount of childish replies really grates on ones nerves.
um... 1st of all, welcome.

I'm sorry to inform you, however, that you will experience no reduction in childish responses:)

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines

- John
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MACMANPRO!