iTunes Match is live!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

GailLA

Contributor
Bronze
Nov 13, 2007
Northern IL
Because I have satellite internet out here in the country, my upload of my 545 unmatched items is a little slow, but steady. Who else signed up for iTunes Match today and how is it going so far? I like that you can enable it on your iOS 5 devices even before the unmatched upload is done. I also like the price. For $25 a year, this was a no-brainer purchase to me.

verwon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 29, 2011
Seattle
No, you can't test the service first.

I have almost 4,000 songs, at the moment, so it's still uploading my artwork and stuff.

Found out that songs I purchased through Sprint on my Android phone have too low of a bit rate to be matched.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!

Oct 3, 2009
Crackers....25,000 song hard limit.

It won't even let you sign up if you have more than 25,000 songs in your library. You can't pick a portion of your collection to match.

GailLA

Contributor
Bronze
Nov 13, 2007
Northern IL
Well it worked for me. I have a track that I bought years ago from a now defunct music service. To even keep it I had to burn it to CD and years ago when I ripped it I only did it at 128kpbs. I just deleted it from iTunes and was able to re-download a high quality copy at 256 kpbs. I also have CDs that I've ripped at 128 kbps but that are in boxes in the attic. Now I don't have to find them again to enjoy them at better quality. This is so sweet!

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
Well it worked for me. I have a track that I bought years ago from a now defunct music service. To even keep it I had to burn it to CD and years ago when I ripped it I only did it at 128kpbs. I just deleted it from iTunes and was able to re-download a high quality copy at 256 kpbs. I also have CDs that I've ripped at 128 kbps but that are in boxes in the attic. Now I don't have to find them again to enjoy them at better quality. This is so sweet!
That is awesome. I look forward to that. I have a lot of old music that was taken from cassette to DVD then to the computer.

GailLA

Contributor
Bronze
Nov 13, 2007
Northern IL
That is awesome. I look forward to that. I have a lot of old music that was taken from cassette to DVD then to the computer.
Good luck. Don't be too disappointed if some of it that originated on cassette doesn't match. I do have some tracks ripped at low quality from CD that should match but don't, but that is only a track here and there. The vast majority matched.

Oct 3, 2009
And no, no streaming. You can only access and download.

So it doesn't allow devices with lower memory....like my kid's iPod....to access the entire library? Just download as many songs as will fit?

How is this different than a normal sync?

verwon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 29, 2011
Seattle
So it doesn't allow devices with lower memory....like my kid's iPod....to access the entire library? Just download as many songs as will fit?

How is this different than a normal sync?
It's accessible anywhere, over wifi or 3G, so you can change the music on your device on the fly. You don't have to connect to iTunes, via cable or being on the same wifi network!