iTunes movie rentals....(help please!)

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
it is supposed to download in about 30 seconds right? (for modern broadband)
i have that, and i just rented the south park movie, and it is taking forever. it says 3 hours (but hasn't changed in a long time) and i timed it and said its downloading at about 6 MB per MINUTE! i definitely know something is wrong, but i have no idea how to fix it. it has done this for a long time, with everything from videos, to updates =[ thanks in advance if you can help

ps im using windows

bloodbath18

Bronze
Jul 13, 2007
Maybe try to restart your computer and hope that your connection will be better because' I'm not having any troubles at all...

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
That seems to be a bit too long. Try turning your connection on and off. Then try resetting the modem. If both of those don't help then restart and hopefully it'll go faster.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Are you connected directly to the modem or wireless? Follow these steps to reset it from the computer:
1. Go to Start--->Connect To--->Show All connections
2. If you're using Wireless, then under "Wireless Network Connection" right click the icon and click "Disable". Wait a few seconds and then right click it again and select "Enable". This will turn the wireless on and then off on the computer and might help.
3. If you're using a LAN connection, so the same thing but right click on the "Local Area Connection" and disable and enable that.

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
Are you connected directly to the modem or wireless? Follow these steps to reset it from the computer:
1. Go to Start--->Connect To--->Show All connections
2. If you're using Wireless, then under "Wireless Network Connection" right click the icon and click "Disable". Wait a few seconds and then right click it again and select "Enable". This will turn the wireless on and then off on the computer and might help.
3. If you're using a LAN connection, so the same thing but right click on the "Local Area Connection" and disable and enable that.
uh nope didn't fix it

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
Your download time matches mine. I've downloaded a 1.2 GB file, The Usual Suspects. Taken about 4 hours to download at a rate of ~5MB/min. I'm using a DSL connection ~768 kbps according to speakeasy.com.

davesafc

Bronze
Jan 1, 2008
im in the uk and updated iTunes + iPhone but cant find movie rentals anywhere where are they?

ps. how much are they and how long do you have them for? im presuming they self erase after a time?

davis5050

Bronze
Aug 18, 2007
Ok I have not tried to rent yet but can it be done straight to the iPhone? By using wifi and iTunes on the springboard?

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
im in the uk and updated iTunes + iPhone but cant find movie rentals anywhere where are they?

ps. how much are they and how long do you have them for? im presuming they self erase after a time?
You need the latest iTunes and at least 1.1.2 on your phone. With the latest iTunes you will find rentals. Don't know how much they are (I think $3.99 & $4.99 American) but you have 24 hrs to watch.
Don't really need 1.1.2 I don't think. I was thinking of the iTunes store on the phone.

cotoole

Sep 16, 2007

Movie rentals aren't available outside the US yet. Still working on liscensing issues according to Apple.

You have 30 days to watch them. 24 hours to watch after you start watching them.