iTunes never completed order to finish activation!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

10smom

Jan 12, 2007
Here is email I received from ATT

Congratulations, AT&T has successfuly activated your iPhone service.

If you have not done so already, please connect your iPhone to your computer now to complete this activation (or click here if your iPhone is already connected).

iTunes sent a warning message that order could not be completed as iTunes store is busy. So I waited and tried many times last night then decided to wait to early this morning when less traffic. No more warning message but still no phone service. I know iTunes never completed order even though it does not show warning message anymore.

Both my son and husband have new iPhones and activated on their macs and had no promblem finishing order and their phones are working great. only difference w/ me and them is they have new phone service I have existing phone serivce. I know it must be a glitch in my computer/software for iTunes. anyone have idea on how to finish activation. By the way my old phone no longer works. thanks for help

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Here is email I received from ATT

Congratulations, AT&T has successfuly activated your iPhone service.

If you have not done so already, please connect your iPhone to your computer now to complete this activation (or click here if your iPhone is already connected).

iTunes sent a warning message that order could not be completed as iTunes store is busy. So I waited and tried many times last night then decided to wait to early this morning when less traffic. No more warning message but still no phone service. I know iTunes never completed order even though it does not show warning message anymore.

Both my son and husband have new iPhones and activated on their macs and had no promblem finishing order and their phones are working great. only difference w/ me and them is they have new phone service I have existing phone serivce. I know it must be a glitch in my computer/software for iTunes. anyone have idea on how to finish activation. By the way my old phone no longer works. thanks for help
It's not just your computer/software. Many, many existing customers that were upgrading to iPhone are having the same problems. Mine never completed activation either. I did have a small text message plan. I'm thinking the features on the existing plans are causing the problem.

10smom

Jan 12, 2007
It Worked!

shut down your phone by holding the sleep button for 3 seconds then power it back on. That's what worked for me
Flybone,

You are my hero! Thank you thank you. I cannot believe I tried turning off everything else but the iPhone. Duh. I didn't even know it was on and there was a power button. Thanks for the info. I hope this helps other that have gotten the activation email and still no service. It works

Flyboone

Jun 16, 2007
Flybone,

You are my hero! Thank you thank you. I cannot believe I tried turning off everything else but the iPhone. Duh. I didn't even know it was on and there was a power button. Thanks for the info. I hope this helps other that have gotten the activation email and still no service. It works
cool I hope this can save others the frustration I went through