iTunes no go

xcissexc

Aug 9, 2007
i updated to iTunes 8 when it came out. now ever since i updated everytime i plug my phone in i get the blue screen of death on my vista pc. anyone else experiencing this problem? i had to use one of my roommates comps running xp to update to fw 2.1 on my phone because my comp would just die everytime the phone tried to restart after the update.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
I have seen a post or two today that say the update has taken care of the BSOD in iTunes 8. I don't have windows so don't know, but hopefully this info. is correct and your won't have any more problems.

xcissexc

Aug 9, 2007
i tried uninstalling iTunes and reinstalling and that didn't help. but after i updated my phone to 2.1 on another comp no more bsod! :laugh2:

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
The bluescreen is attributed to having peripherals such as a web cam etc attached to your PC. For some weird reason, iTunes 8 clashes with them and causes the blue screen of death.

Try unplug any device, run iTunes and then plug them back in. Does that help?

Or did the upgrade to 2.1 on your iPhone fix the blue screen problem?

i updated to iTunes 8 when it came out. now ever since i updated everytime i plug my phone in i get the blue screen of death on my vista pc. anyone else experiencing this problem? i had to use one of my roommates comps running xp to update to fw 2.1 on my phone because my comp would just die everytime the phone tried to restart after the update.

xcissexc

Aug 9, 2007
The bluescreen is attributed to having peripherals such as a web cam etc attached to your PC. For some weird reason, iTunes 8 clashes with them and causes the blue screen of death.

Try unplug any device, run iTunes and then plug them back in. Does that help?

Or did the upgrade to 2.1 on your iPhone fix the blue screen problem?
the 2.1 update completly fixed the problem