iTunes no longer syncs MS Outlook Notes?

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by iPutz, Sep 19, 2015.

1. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

I have an un-jailbroken iPhone 6 on iOS 9 and a PC with iTunes 12.3.0.44. I just noticed that I can no longer sync Outlook Notes between the PC and either my iPhone or iPad. I don't think the problem is with the phone as the option in iTunes to sync Notes is no longer there. Has anyone else seen this? I had no issue syncing Notes until iOS 9. Any ideas?

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Time to start syncing through iCloud. It's better anyway.

3. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

I'm not a great lover of putting things in the cloud and submitted a bug report to Apple about the iOS/Outlook Notes syncing issue. While doing so I noticed that the page the bug report was submitted on includes a drop-down box asking for me to select the version of iOS I was reporting about and guess what, iOS9 is not included in the list. What's up with that?!?! So I submitted a bug report about that too. I'm just buggy I guess.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

I just got off of the phone with Apple Care and found out that by design Apple has stopped allowing MS Outlook Notes to sync between a computer and any Apple devices. I can sync between Apple devices by putting my notes on iCloud, which I did but that leaves MS Outlook's Notes with no way to sync Notes to or from Apple devices. While it's not the end to life as we know it, this is another nail in the Apple coffin for me. Unless this changes, I will seriously consider going to a Windows phone within a year or two when my two iPhone 6's are approaching two years old. Sorry Apple but you shot yourselves in the foot with this one.