iTunes not automatically opening when iPhone is connected

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

tharley46

Jul 17, 2014
I've got 2 questions about iTunes but I don't know if this is the right place. First question, when I connect my iPhone to my computer, iTunes will not come up automatically now, it use to. I have to click iTunes icon to bring it up now!!! What I am doing wrong now??
Second question, why is this "Automatically sync when this iPhone is connected" ( see photo with arrow pointed at the problem) being greyed out? It use to be in bold black with a check mark in the box. Now, it shows no check mark and it's greyed out and I don't know how to fix this. All help appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tharley46

Jul 17, 2014
I've got 2 questions about iTunes but I don't know if this is the right place. First question, when I connect my iPhone to my computer, iTunes will not come up automatically now, it use to. I have to click iTunes icon to bring it up now!!! What I am doing wrong now??
Second question, why is this "Automatically sync when this iPhone is connected" ( see photo with arrow pointed at the problem) being greyed out? It use to be in bold black with a check mark in the box. Now, it shows no check mark and it's greyed out and I don't know how to fix this. All help appreciated.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I moved your post to a new thread since it was unrelated to the topic of the thread you posted in. Please update iTunes on your computer, check to see if this resolves either of the problems and then post what computer OS you are using.

tharley46

Jul 17, 2014
It's already updated to the newest version. Now what do I do? Still doesn't show the question asked earlier.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
That's probably the issue. You're not using enough bits. You should use at least a 32-bit version of Windows, but preferably 64-bit. :D

But seriously, is there a chance that you (or an application) has inadvertently disabled automatic iTunes launch when the iPhone is connected to the computer?

I would suggest you follow these steps, but when you get to step three, be sure that Enabled is selected, instead of Disabled. And don't forget step four ("Restart your Windows PC for the changes to take proper effect").

Last edited:

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
In iTunes go to Edit > Preferences > Devices. Make sure the box for preventing iPhones from syncing automatically isn't checked.
Screen Shot 2016-01-08 at 3.56.24 PM.png