iTunes not reading my iPod touch

Dec 29, 2007
i plugged my ipod touch to iTunes but a message comes out saying iTunes cannot read te contents of my ipod . i cliked restore but it still not workng .

can somebody
help

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
have you tried putting the ipod in "restore mode"? To do this, hold down the homescreen button and power/sleep button until the ipod restarts, then WHILE STILL HOLDING THE HOMESCREEN BUTTON let go of the sleep button. Keep holding the homescreen button until you see a picture of the usb cord, a green arrow, and the iTunes icon. At this point, you can let go. Connect to iTunes and try to restore.

hope this helps ya.

Dec 29, 2007
have you tried putting the ipod in "restore mode"? To do this, hold down the homescreen button and power/sleep button until the ipod restarts, then WHILE STILL HOLDING THE HOMESCREEN BUTTON let go of the sleep button. Keep holding the homescreen button until you see a picture of the usb cord, a green arrow, and the iTunes icon. At this point, you can let go. Connect to iTunes and try to restore.

hope this helps ya.

when is restart mode, when the Apple logo comes out or what

Dec 29, 2007
Make sure your cable is plugged into a USB 2.0 on the cpu port and not a hub. I would also start by rebooting the computer, then plug in ipod into the iTunes. If iTunes sees it then do the restore with the internet active.

it says ''the ipod could not be restored. an unknown error occurred (1611)''.